Strip built Sabolo

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
caryb
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Strip built Sabolo

Post by caryb »

Matt,

Would it be possible to build the new Sabalo design using the strip technique? Also, I'm a big guy 6'3" 250 lbs. Can the Sabalo be scaled up a bit to accommodate a larger fishing load?

I need another fishing boat for when my Phantom 18 just won't do.

CaryB
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Do you mean so it's more rounded?

If so, you could do the outer hull via wood strip. On the inside, you'd have do a combination of stitch and glue and woodstrip. I'm no wood-strip expert but there's lots of books on the technique available and I could do the forms for you. You'd have to do it in 2 pieces and then bond together, but not too hard.

The Sabalo can be scaled (stretched) 8" and still fit on the existing nesting drawings but it would be mighty tight. Not as easy to scale a smaller boat as opposed to a bigger boat. Might be easier to just have me come out with longer model.

Either case, I could do the work if pre-payment is made. E-mail me for discussion. I will let you know now, I'm pretty backed up at the moment. The wood strip stations would be easy and quick to do. I'd just send you printed templates instead dimensioned drawings.
-Matt. Designer.