Sabalo Construction

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
CC TX
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Sabalo Construction

Post by CC TX »

The Stitch and Glue Tutorial states to maintain a gap between the panels. Should the frame also have a gap between it and the hull on the Sabalo?

After reviewing the plans, I found two dimensions that are missing: the location of the forward end of the CP Footwell Floor and the forward end of the TW Floor. How long are the panels?
-----
David
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Yes, maintain a gap between panels and frames that remain in the hull. Gap not needed for temp frames. For easy gap spacing, check out the "Tips and Tricks" section of this forum.

Review step #10 of the instructions. The frames for the cockpit and tankwell align with the reference lines drawn in step #2.

Hope that helps! :)
-Matt. Designer.
CC TX
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by CC TX »

Thanks, you answered the question about the gap; however, I still do not understand how to cut the TW Floor and the CP Footwell Floor.

Sheet 4.4 does not show the distance between the forward end of the TW Floor and a reference line.

Also, sheet 4.1 does not show the horizontal distance of the forward end of the CP Footwell Floor and a reference line.
-----
David
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

CC TX wrote:Thanks, you answered the question about the gap; however, I still do not understand how to cut the TW Floor and the CP Footwell Floor.

Sheet 4.4 does not show the distance between the forward end of the TW Floor and a reference line.

Also, sheet 4.1 does not show the horizontal distance of the forward end of the CP Footwell Floor and a reference line.
Boy you guys sure are picky. Next thing you know you'll want the boat to float too. :shock:

Sorry about that. I'll e-mail a couple .pdfs
-Matt. Designer.