4mm BS1088 Okoume in Florida

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

4mm BS1088 Okoume in Florida

Post by dangermouse01 »

Saw a thread in here once about looking for a source of BS1088 Okoume in Florida. Had something to do with one "known" source, but was looking for a "alternative" source. Now I cant find that thread.

Any of you Florida builders have a source for your Okoume? I am looking for 4mm for my Wadefish. I know a place in --------- that carries it, but I think that may have been the "known" source in the thread.

Central Florida or Brevard area.

Thanx in advance

DM

This Wednesday at about 3:00 PM Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ernesto should be passing directly over my house (maybe a mile or two to either side) if it stays the course. Gosh, I just LOVE hurricane season :evil:
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

None in Central Florida (Orlando) that I know of, I think there is one near Tampa.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Lakeland. Hardwood Lumber & Millwork 863-646-8681
-Matt. Designer.
barefoot dave
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by barefoot dave »

Not sure if this would be closer, but in Riveria Beach there is World Panel Products

http://www.worldpanel.com/Marineplywoods.htm

They also have Sapele if you looking for a bit better color and grain, and for the really rich fokes, the have 5' X 10' sheets in 3 and 4 mm. I live in WPB so was able to get them to deliver 3 sheets of the 3 mm 5x10, no charge for the delivery, ain't no way you can get a 5x10 sheet in a Trooper.