new build laker 14

Post your own building tips and "how to" ideas here.
cridgie down under

new build laker 14

Post by cridgie down under »

Hi Matt I am expecting my plans any day now , in the meantime could you please advise ply sheet size ,and thickness,as i wish to order this now to avoid waiting /delivery time delays.i will be ordering extra sheets as i think there could be a his and hers in the pipe line .
regards cridgie down under
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: new build laker 14

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Cridge,

Mate, I would recommend 4mm. It is way easier to work with than the 3mm stuff for little extra weight.

If you can get it, specify Gaboon but it is getting really hard to come by at a reasonable price. Boatcraft Pacific on the Gold Coast have some nice looking Pacific Maple BS1088 at about 50 bucks a sheet but it is a little heavier than gaboon.

Australian Wood Panels in Brisbane also sell Malaysian Stuff they call Pacific Maple BS1088 but I haven't seen it. I got some sheets or real nice looking ply they call Luann in my last order. It is only marginally heavier than the Pac Maple from Boatcraft and less than half the price. I think my next order will be the Luann and I'll get twice as much :twisted:

Both mobs will ship to you. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
cridgie down under

Post by cridgie down under »

Thanks mick i appreciate your advice and i will certainly take into account this info.
regards
ray (cridgie)