Easy fillets !!

Post your own building tips and "how to" ideas here.
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Easy fillets !!

Post by Phishtech »

While shopping at Walmart today and looking for a paper towel holder over in the kitchen stuff, I found one of those squeeze type containers for ketchup like you find in resturants. Looks like it holds about 8 oz. I was going to do my internal fillets today since the weather warmed up a bit, so I mixed my pookie, put it in the ketchup squeezer, and made easy fillets. Goes on just like using a caulk tube. Leaves just the right amount and the follow-up with the plastic spoon made them look almost professional. Not bad and it's less than a dollar. Cleaned up good with acetone so I can use it again.
Oldtimer
Type of boat I like: Okwata

Re: Easy fillets !!

Post by Oldtimer »

Good idea
Oh, wen I remember all the beautifull plastic tomatopuree squeeze-bottels discarded in the wastebin. So easy to clean and reuseable for filletting.

Thanks,
Koos
john the pom
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by john the pom »

Been planning on using the exact same thing in the near future. Glad to hear its not just one of my :roll: ideas. Though I was kinda hoping they would self clean being plastic an'all.
Cheers John.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

I have used them and they work great, but i still prefer Chucks deal with the cattle syringes, I drill the hole out so I get the size
filet I want.
Ron