dangermouse01 builds a Wadefish 2.0

Builder show and discuss their progress.
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Ok, so lately the 9 to 5 has kinda gotten in the way :x , been doing 11 and 12 hour days for about the last 2 weeks (weekend included). Which means, go to work, get home feed the dog, run over put a coat of varnish on the deck, come home and crash, do it again the next day. Planned on having the last coat of varnish on the deck last Thursday. Out of town Fri, Sat and Sun, start the 11 hour days again and start on varnishing the hull today.
Didn't happen that way. My out of town plans got canceled, so I used the three days to get 5 coats of varnish on the hull and the last one on the deck, rather than go into work. So now I am either 5 or 7 days ahead of where I would be. :D
All varnished.
No I didn't clean up my garage/workshop, it's my girlfriends garage. She wont let me build boats in there, but she will let me use it for varnishing boats. It's a good deal.

DM
Going to sleep now.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Oh Wow!, Wow :shock: :shock: :D

Mouse, You have raised the bar with this one. What a beautiful boat! Congratulations mate. I love it. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
-Matt. Designer.
Manjimike

Post by Manjimike »

DM, I expect with that beautiful finish you will only fishing with SOFT plastics, no hard bodies or sinkers :lol: :lol:
surfman

Post by surfman »

Nice job DM. That boat is looking really sharp, I bet you can't wait to get it on the water.

I feel your pain. I tryed this week end to put the final coat of epoxy on the deck of my canoe. It has been rainy and I had an opportunity to do it in the morning while the dust in the air would be minimal. Got it all done and then went on a errand. When I came back there is a freaking love bug stuck to the deck. EEEERRRRRR! Oh well. A littlke more sanding and another coat of epoxy.
Tight Lines, Steve
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

You better wear some sunglasses when fishing out of her or the shine will blind you.:D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Really sharp there DM!! Word of caution, gawkers at the put-in will keep you from casting to the early morning fish. Depart before dawn!!
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
zeb

Post by zeb »

Congratulations DM,thats ones a real beauty 8) 8) 8)
All The Best
Zeb
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Not being a pest .. OK .. Being a pest , this is like when someone hands you a glass of some fine wine and says ... try it. You try it and really like it and then no more is offered.

Personally I would like more of that wine then just a sip of it ... From what I can see in the pictures it is a tease like that one small sip of the fine wine. Just peaks your interest , making you want more and for that reason.....

DM.. Let us have a full glass of your vintage and suburb handcraft boat building skills. From what a person can see it is something that needs to be enjoyed and savored , not just with a sample.

Share it with us or we will send you several boxes of TERMITES , half starved and just looking for something to eat , like a wood boat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Yeah,

all that Chuck just said mate. Please share more of your magnificent boat and craftsmanship with us.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)