dangermouse01 builds a Wadefish 2.0

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Mullet_Key
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Mullet_Key »

Photos will be out after vacation next week. The recessed boxes for the Salty Dog foot braces have been eating my lunch. Plus I've actually been on the water fishing some.
[ http://www.packtx.org/Photos/tabid/58/g ... fault.aspx ]
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Ok, since my last post I have:
1. Installed the cockpit frame.
2. Made and installed both the scuppers. Heres a picture of what the one located in the tankwell looks like from inside the hull..
3. Installed the tankwell.
4. Installed the tankwell deck panels along with the rear deck panel (yesterday).
5. Installed the cockpit (today).

Heres my building tip for this post.
When ever I was working with the tankwell, I clamped two boards that spanned the width of the tankwell plus a few inches across the top of the tankwell..
Then when ever I needed it in the hull I just placed it in. The boards kept the top of the tankwell flush with the top edge of the hull.
I found that it made handling the tankwell easy, used it for building up my scuppers. and when I installed the tankwell into the hull. Have a mark at the center of the mid deck beam and and another on the middle edge of the tankwell to line it up by.

DM
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Heya DM,

I can only aspire to beautiful work like that. I just can't believe how neat it is. Stunning
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Great work there, what's the concave knotches for on the cross beams? Or am I jumping the gun there on the next building tip? MK
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Mullet_Key wrote:Great work there, what's the concave knotches for on the cross beams? Or am I jumping the gun there on the next building tip? MK
Come on, I can't give away all my secrets. :wink:

Psst...Mick, thanks, but you should take a peek at the inside of MulletKey's WadeFish hull, that is a clean hull.

DM
surfman

Post by surfman »

It looks like something NASA would make. Good work and lots of technical details. Very impressive. 8)
Tight Lines, Steve
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Thanx surfman, NASA is just up the road from me, but I don't work for them. My dad worked (and re-tired) at Cape Kennedy for about 40+ years. Tho I do work for an Gov systems/Aerospace company.

Well, today got the last of the deck pieces (the fore deck) attached. Guess its a milestone since I am out of wooden parts that need to be assembled. :D :D Course, still need to glass the deck with cloth.

About 2:00 PM checked the intellicast radar, everything looked clear in my area, forecasting only a 20 percent chance of rain, much better than the 50-60 percents we have been getting for the last week or two. So I went for it and did an end pour.

Kinda funny how 15 feet is alot TALLER than you think after walking circles around the boat while it is horizontal.

DM
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Outstanding - looks really nice.
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Matt

PLEASE DELETE THIS DUPLICATE MESSAGE? Thanks, Jack
Last edited by Kayak Jack on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Mouse,

You may be the only guy in boat building history that has ever stood the boat up on end to do an end pour. Most of us tape a small, cardboard, triangular receptacle into the end, and pour a bit of epoxy at a time into it. It's a good place to dump excess epoxy when you're finishing up on other parts of the boat.

I locate mine so the hole through for the rope is just above the water cut line. That way, if I or someone else ever has to line the boat through through section of river, it is much less likely to roll over.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.