dangermouse01 builds a Wadefish 2.0

Builder show and discuss their progress.
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Thanx Mick.
Every once in awhile I manage to get a good idea.
Worked on stitching up the bow and stern today, had to improvise off of scottrunners jig, that helped at both ends. 8) A couple more stitches at the bow and all the stitching is done.

Course another weekend coming up that I will not be able to work on it :cry:
Going camping and paddling up in Ocala again. :D

later..DM
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I put those patterns in the mail today for you.
-Matt. Designer.
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Ok, back at it again.
Got the outside of the hull all filleted. Removed the tape, rounded the corners with 80 grit (most of 'em). Will remove the stitches holding the cockpit frame in, and finish up those areas. Then sand the whole thing with a finer grit and then glass the outside.
Here a couple of shots of the hull so far.
DM
stevesteve

Post by stevesteve »

Hi DM,

That's looking very pretty. Lovely lines from Matt again.
Cheers,
Steve
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Looking good!

Love the mobile work station.
-Matt. Designer.
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Thanx for the words Matt & SS.

The build has gotten to the point where it looks like a kayak and I find myself going out into the garage after I am done for the day to just look at it. I agree the lines of the Wadefish 2.0 are very cool. 8)

The mobile work station really needs to be cleaned out before I get much farther. It has become a collector to "stuff". But it really works pretty good. The solid crossbars on the saw horses are removable, and when taken off the saw horses have a strap to hold the boat. You will be able to see that once I get the outside done and flip the hull to work on the inside. The saw horses themselves are removable from the base. There is just enough room in my garage between a work table and the kayak trailer to roll it in. When I am working I roll it out into the driveway. So its a lot of checking the weather radar to make sure there are no storms rolling in before I do major stuff.

Starting tomorrow, extra hour of daylight in the evening :D :D (for me at least). No working on it today or tomorrow, this is my girlfriends weekend off. Cant convince her that working on the boat and sanding is something fun that can be done together :shock: So if I have good weather this coming Friday I may get the outside glassed then.

DM
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Hi Mike,

You are clearly a man of considerable skill in this caper. Beautiful work mate.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Thanx Mick,
I like building them ALOT more than I like doing the varnish on them. I understand Chuck enjoys varnishing boats. Since he lives only about a hour North-West-ish of me, may have to drop it off at his place and let him do the varnish. :lol:

DM
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Chuck ...... WHO ????????
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Oldsparkey wrote:Chuck ...... WHO ????????
Chuck......YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oldsparkey wrote:Mine do not get abused , if anything I am to careful with them and baby them way to much. After a trip the one I used is cleaned , checked over , re varnished ( mostly inside where I sat , from my paddling shoes scratching the surface of the hull) ) and stored inside ( out of the weather) till the next trip.
.......Chuck.
Maybe its not an entire re-varnish after every trip. Touch-ups after every use, sure sounds like you would be better at it than me. :lol:
I would let ya paddle it before hand.

DM