First go at a pirogue

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

My God! Another mind as sneaky and devious as mine. Stand by, world - invasion begins in twenty minutes.

I built a canoe for my Granddaughter and me. She's 6 now, and as I age out of it, she ages into it. Her name is Kayla, and I call her my Katie Bug. I glued this into our boat.

the Katie Bug

This craft was built in East Lansing MI in 2002 & 03, by a loving Grandpa (Jack Voss, "Poppa") for a bright eyed, intelligent Granddaughter (Kayla Elisabeth Duby, "Katie").

Katie, may you enjoy using this boat while paddling in the outback, traveling far waters, camping on distant shores, seeing, listening, and learning with Mother Nature. I urge you to observe the stars and galaxies; to watch animals as they live; and to learn about plants. The outdoors is the best place in the world. Make it part of you and your Life.

Seek and earn friends. Learn whom to trust and for what they may and may not be trusted - and whom to not trust. Observe the works of man, and seek to understand them for yourself. Observe the creations of God, and seek to understand them within yourself. Know yourself, and to your own self be true.

I present you with this vessel and with my love for you.
Your loving Poppa.

Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
Kayak Jack
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Wimperdink
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Wimperdink »

beautiful job Zeb.

Kayak Jack thats a great touch.
I make stuff up!
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Good on ys mate, That is looking great. :D

Just between us, don't tell Matt, but I been looking at that sneaky little eno too. (like I really need another boat :oops: )

I think it would do very well for the littleun. :D. your pirogue should do all you need for solo stuff but ya can never have to many boats. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
zeb

Post by zeb »

Beautiful words to your granddaughter Jack,
My God! Another mind as sneaky and devious as mine
Ive got three daughters you know :twisted: :wink:
Hope to send for Eno plans soon Mick :D the rate you build boats mate :shock:
Matt will have to be putting in some serious overtime!!!! :lol:
wimperdink thanks,whats the crack with your handle??
cheers Zeb
Wimperdink

Post by Wimperdink »

zeb wrote: wimperdink thanks,whats the crack with your handle??
It was long ago and far away and I hardly remember anymore. But its a name you'll always recognize if you find it anywhere else. :D
I make stuff up!
zeb

Post by zeb »

HI There
:D :D :D
Got on some water tonight
WOW THAT WAS FUN

:D Great boat Matt,great boat
THANKS for All your help guys your the BEST
zeb :D :D
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Darn Zeb

I was wishing that you would of been happy with the boat when you got a chance to paddle it since you did such a good job making it.

Cheer up it looks like you might have to make another one so you can have some fun. Who knows you might like that next one. :lol:

Welcome to the world of fun an good times in the Wood Boat you built. As the ad says , double your pleasure , double your fun , paddle a wood boat that you made.

Looking Good on the water. :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
zeb

Post by zeb »

Thanks Chuck
the plans are in the post for the next one!!!
Yes its all your fault!!!
THANKS AGAIN
zeb :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Zeb sounds like W.C. Fields when someone asked him how he ever go to drinking so much. He said, " 'Twas a woman who drove me to drink - I never wrote to thank her."
Kayak Jack
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
zeb

Post by zeb »

Jack
Best Wishes
zeb :lol: