Houston Wadefish Progess

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Manjimike »

Beautiful fishing yak - could easily image it fitted with my Mirage Drive :lol: - but you probably want to keep it :lol: :lol:

Really impressive

Cheers Mike
surfman
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by surfman »

Very nice job mullet and good catch too. Looks like you are going to get a lot of fishing done out of that thing. Your innovations will be very useful for sure.
Tight Lines, Steve
Mullet_Key

Re: Houston Wadefish Progess

Post by Mullet_Key »

7 Years later and still paddling strong. Went back out to Panther Point, TX to harrass more redfish, took this little black drum back to camp to fry up. My WF has been taking a beating and holding up very well.
http://www.packtx.org/Photos/tabid/58/A ... allery-385
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Nice fish, and the wadefish in the background still looks to be in good condition - have you revarnished at all or just looked after it?
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Been away for a while, 9 years now and still fishing. She's still scarred up pretty good. I epoxy filled the deeper gouges and spot varnish. I must have used some crummy varnish in the cockpit and tank-well. I need to totally strip off what's left of the finish and brush on some good stuff. Here the WF after a weekend on Matagorda Island. And a speckled trout that contributed to fish tacos. (Hope you can open the 2 photos)

Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

You sure are getting a good return on your investment. Must have been a quality build.

Some people swear by 2 pack PU but I've found that any marine rated single pack PU lasts quite well although I don't get out as much as some others. The sun in Adelaide may not be quite as harsh as yours but it sure breaks down anything that's not UV resistant fairly quickly.

Were those photos from different trips? I'm having trouble reconciling trout with Texas temperatures. Or is it a salt water species that look similar to trout? Either way it's a good catch.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Yes, two different trips. Pretty close to the dates of the postings. Marine Polyurethane, I will look at that. Spotted Seatrout (Cynoscion nebulosus) Not a member of the trout family (Salmonidae), but of the drum family (Sciaenidae). AKA Speckled Trout, Specks. We also have its two lesser targeted cousins, gulf trout and sand trout. Kids love catching them off the docks at night and sometimes on the beach.
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15