Working towards Freedom

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

Simple, Chuckie. Just put the back wall on hinges. She moves something in the front, a few days later you move it out the back.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
gken
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by gken »

Heya Chuck,
Actually we are both married. My Father just retired last May and I think my Mother is glad to be rid of him while he is out in the shop to be honest with you. :D As for me, my wife is about the kill me for all the time I put into projects other than her and my son. I hope to change her tune when I present her with a new Kayak in June. Her Old Town canoe dissapeared last winter at camp (I told her we shouldnt leave it there.) My guess is some ice fishermen took it seeing that is was just sitting upside down on the beach. I wont let that happen with this boat though. Anyway...more later --Garrett
No boats yet
gken

Post by gken »

More snow today, another 3 or 4 inches. When will it stop? This weather is really begining to delay progress.
--Garrett
No boats yet
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Some nice pictures , I thought I even saw some critter tracks in the snow. That has to be nice and sure looks inviting since I am sitting here in shorts with the darn AC running.

It looks like a place where dreams are made and everyone is sitting around the fireplace enjoying a crackling fire and the warmth , cheer and good times it brings.

Kayak Jack , Oldyaker , Mac and I just got back from a week of camping in this misery. We sure could of used some of that snow , our ice only lasted 2 1/2 days but the sand in the moonlight did look like snow.

The boat in the center is the Freedom.....

This is a link to the trip report....
http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3420

Garrett you are one luck guy to be in such a wonderful place. Cool weather , no bugs or hurricanes and especially missing the dang heat and humidity.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
gken

Post by gken »

Inviting??? Dreams???? Are you looking at the same photos I am?? In all seriousness it was beautiful this morning, but I have had enough snow. You see, I have been snowblowing and shoveling for 4 months now. In january it was beautiful, now its a nightmare. Last year at this time the ice had been out for a month and the spawn had started already. There is still 3 inches of ice on the ponds. I am getting quite restless or as we call it here, cabin fever. If the temps would come up I could open the windows in the basement and get to filleting my hull. Oh well it will come soon enough I guess. I sure could use some of that weather you guys had on your camping trip though chuck. Any chance you could send me some? Thanks in advance, Garrett
No boats yet
gken

Post by gken »

Oh, and yes those are critter tracks in the pictures. Probably that pesky red fox thats been hanging around. I think he has eyes for my wifes cat. If you know what I mean. --Garrett
No boats yet
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

I would love to trade the weather with you but some one called Mother Nature will not let me do it.
Hang in there , things will get better for you and worse for me. :oops:

Yep , they look like a Fox , all the tracks are nice and in a row , straight line , like the way they walk.
They are the only critter that I know of that thinks it has a black belt in the Chito-Ryu style of karate. The one where each foot (step) is placed in a direct line with the other when walking. One continuous straight line when walking.

Chuck
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
gken

Post by gken »

Well the weather broke and it gave me a chance to start assembly. I snapped a few shots of my progress this afternoon I thought you all may enjoy. I mixed way to much epoxy, but I think I will get it right next time now that I know how far it goes. Anyway, here they are....
No boats yet
gken

Post by gken »

Matt, if those photos are too big, please delete them. I resized them wrong and can do it again if they are too big. thanks. Garrett
No boats yet
lncc63

Post by lncc63 »

Hi gken. The temp in our place is now 99F ... my only complaint is that we have only about 30 minutes working time per batch of epoxy.

Looks like you are a woodworker. I noticed the lovely joint of your saw horse which is just sticking out in the third photo.

May we know what you are showing in the 4th photo?
Louis