Birch Canoes

Builder show and discuss their progress.
jclohesy
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Birch Canoes

Post by jclohesy »

It has been a while since I posted on this site, but I've been meaning to for a while..

I've built another Jem Iroquois, launched on our river just the other day.. it took me 21 hours of workshop work from start to finish ( no perfectionist, me) but I'm highly chuffed with it..

Below is a shot of the same design of canoe which I built last year, being paddled down the river Wye between England and Wales last summer

John

www.birchcanoes.com [/img]
John Clohesy, www.birchcanoes.com
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

nice!
-Matt. Designer.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

Looks to me like you're enjoying yourself, John. Good job!
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Graham

Post by Graham »

John how did you get on using epoxy, I know you like myself have used polyester to good effect just curious toknow did you have any side effects ,itching and a skin rash, this is one of the reasons for me using polyester resins