Ellie"s Eno

Builder show and discuss their progress.
stevesteve
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by stevesteve »

Hi Zeb,

Looks like a pretty boat coming along there.

Not sure that "terrible" actually describes the weather that we have been having. After more than a month without rain it has now rained for days without stopping. If I had finished my boat I could probably have paddled it around the lawn this weekend!
Cheers,
Steve
zeb
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by zeb »

Hi Steve
Well got a few minutes more done before the heavens opened AGAIN :evil:
Covered up again . I was getting wet someone else had better idea :shock: :? :wink:
smarter than the average boat builder eh!!!! :) :roll:
zeb

Post by zeb »

Hiya All
Had a setback with rubbish ply delaminating,thought I got away with the sides but they went too :cry:
So it was back to square one :roll:

couldnt find anywhere to buy marine ply local so had to use ex. ply again!!!! 6mm on the bottom and 4mm sides

The up side of it for me is that John at my local timber merchant found me an unusual sheet of ply out that looks 8)

My little girl was upset when she saw me take Her boat to bits :cry:
but Shes happy again now :D
All the best Zeb n Ellie
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Give that little girl an extra hug from all us geezers. Try googleizing "okoume". Also, try www.local.com and search for it.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
zeb

Post by zeb »

Hi Jack
Ill give Her that hug just as soon as She gets back from Holiday,gone to the sunshine with Her Grandparents.
Since my last post a customer and now good friend has located some marine ply about thirty miles away :D gonna try and get up there at the weekend.
All the best zeb
P.S. thanks for the ideas and links for the wannigans :wink:
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

I'm planning to build a pair of wanigans for the Katie Bug (canoe that belongs to my 6 year old Granddaughter and me). Being able to carry one with a tumpline will be handy. Will be even handier if someone lese carries it.
Kayak Jack
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
zeb

Post by zeb »

Being able to carry one with a tumpline will be handy. Will be even handier if someone lese carries it.
Thats what I call using your head!!!!!
couple of progress piccies
all the best zeb
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Hi Zeb,

Nice job mate - real nice. I bet Ellie's getting excited now. :D has she brought her mates around yet to show off what she and Dad are making?

Ya realize of course, that you are making a rod for the backs of her friends dads? :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
zeb

Post by zeb »

Thanks Mate,
Its great to see Her face when shes telling her mates its "MY BOAT
Ya realize of course, that you are making a rod for the backs of her friends dads?
YEP!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
My mate Phil has been helping me sand :D
we"ll have Him SOON :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
His Son Liam wants one too 8) double up!!!!

This is what to do with crappy ply

All the best zeb and Ellie and Phil and Liam :wink: :D
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Her grin is worth all the plywood between here and wherethehellever you want to name. There's a special place in Heaven for parents who involve their kids in projects.
Kayak Jack