A Hard Travel cover for the Freedom.

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Correction , the above statement should be ........ We here at the editors' board would like to apologize for allowing that comment TO get past us.

We must use the proper grammar on here or is that grammeer , plus some specificity would be nice ( say what's ya thinking) , lets not waver or vaselate on our thoughts , spit it out like a bad spoon full of gritz ,... no matter who is sitting across from you at the table. :lol:

The boat .. she no flexes , nice an solid , the cover for the hole where I sit does flex to a degree but it will be as solid as me in a while , that is a Gura-an-teed fact , Yep Gura-an-teed .... Un that ya can bet ya sweet ( fill in the blank _______ ) :lol: ( Hat would work if ya are is at a loss fer words)

Chuckles.
Lee ... Glass ya bottom and do the boats also , just don't sit down till the epoxy cures .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Oldsparkey wrote:On the boat ( The Freedom ) the center wants to dip a little when pushed down on it by me.
Lee, I think Chuck statement should be read as: When the cover is on the boat (The Freedom ) the center of the cover wants to dip a little when pushed down on it by me.

Chuck;
If your really want to get ingenious, I believe a structural shape, such as a angle or u-channel would make the cover stiffer than just another strip of cloth. Neither would be to hard to make with a few wood forms (covered in packing tape) and some cloth. With the angle I would attach it to the cover so the ends of the two legs are touching the surface of the cover and the point of the angle would be pointing away from the cover.

DM
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Good Idea.........

I could use (attach) some plastic soda (soft drink or milkshake) straws and then cover them with the glass tape.

Chuck
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

I can see it clearly now...... lunatics, hairymicks, and hairyticks are about!
Watch your backsides lads!
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Oldsparkey wrote:Good Idea.........

I could use (attach) some plastic soda (soft drink or milkshake) straws and then cover them with the glass tape.

Chuck
Yep that would work, tho working the wet glass around a plastic straw may crush the straw. You could reinforce it with a small wooden dowel inside the straw, or just use a small wooden dowel (wrapped in packing tape if you want to remove it).

Sounds like you are on your way.

DM