2 monkeys and a Freedom

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

2 monkeys and a Freedom

Post by tx river rat »

As Ya'll know the weather here in Texas has been lousy for several weeks. well Sunday the sun finally came out.
While I was building the Freedom my son in law would come by with his two daughters and look at the boat. Every time I saw the oldest the first question was are you finished with the kayak. I want to go to river and go camping.
The girls are 6 and 10 and very much tomboys.
Well you guessed it the phone rang Courtney Grandpa can we go Kayaking told her to come on . Less than an hour later we were headed for the lake river was just to dangerous.
I took my little9.5 Heritage and the Freedom unloaded after talked to folks about wood Yak 9dang they draw a crowd) we slide them into the water. loaded up one girl in my lap one in my soninlaws. paddled around for few minutes then put the oldest in the 9.5 held rope tied to front end until she could back up turn left and right and stop the boat. she was raising sand turn loose of the rope I told her I would if she would paddle to a stick nearby and back well she did that no trouble . Her dad got in the Freedom off they went in about five minutes she was handling the boat well then we did the same with Aile same thing in no time off she
went
LIFE JACKETS WERE PROPERLY WORN AT ALL TIMES AND they both swim like fish
The the monkeying started oldest had the little yak again the youngest jumped in the water grabbed the handle on back of Freedom and off they went my soninlaw towing her at pretty good clip. m well the oldest couldn't stand it next time they came in she grabbed the rope on the front son in law said that made it hard to paddle so the monkey she is she wrapped her legs around nose back in the water told him she was more aerodynamic now to start paddling I nearly feel in the lake laughing.
Coutney had to monkey some more next thing I know she is sitting on the front deck between tie downs and hatch riding the nose like a horse
By the way Matt she informed me the deck needs designing isn't very comfortable.
Well they had just about worn the ole folks out and the little one was in the 9.5 Courtney wanted to try the freedom away they went talking laughing both handled the boats really well better than I thought they would.
I had folks on the bank asking how long they had been yaking an how good they handle the boats.
Finally had to call it a day both the girls came up to me hugged me said they had a good time then pulled me down whispered in my ear grandpa would you build me a yak for my birthday (the oldest) and the youngest said and build me one for her birthday to
So Matt you better get that 11 fter on board cause I told them I was waiting on the designer The last thing Courtney said was grandapa if you have his phone number think it would help if I called him :lol:
Ron

PS I was realy amazed at how well the Freedom handled the gals climbing all over under behind it.
and how fast soninlaw was towing the little one.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Ron,

You little beauty!! :D Two more to the dark side.

That was one of the nicest threads I have read here. Thank you for sharing mate.

Here is something you might like to consider for the littluns. :D I think it is allmost ready to be added to Matt's fine stable.

http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=Laker
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Yikes!

I gotta get crackin. Me being the reason granddaughters are not happy with grandpa is not a spot I want to be in! :P
-Matt. Designer.
surfman

Post by surfman »

Matt expect a call you know when a woman sets her mind to something it will happen. I think I am going to cry. Great story, that is what it is all about. :wink:
Tight Lines, Steve
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

well folks
You can tell I am in deep trouble here with these two. Just like there Mom she could come get in my lap hug me around neck and she pretty well had what she wanted . Its so funny I have been around a while pretty good size guy don't put up with to much bs but them little gals just got my number
Ron
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Join the group, Grandpa. You're not alone; there are a few of us Grandpa-types on here. And, a few more that are still in training to be.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.