touring pirogue - T

Builder show and discuss their progress.
jheger
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

touring pirogue - T

Post by jheger »

I was looking for another boat to build and when I saw Mick building the Robin P-5 I liked what I saw. So I ask Matt to design one a little wider for an old fart and he did as well as suggested some other changes. These changes included making it asymetrical like the touring pirogue. I had built the touring pirogue for my grandson and I love the way it paddles. It tracks very good and paddles great. So we decided on a wider touring pirogue and used the design from the P-5 to make it easier to paddle.

The results are the touring pirogue -T. I started last week in cutting the panels etc. Like Mick says, when you start the thing its hard to just stop.

Everything just seems to fall in place perfectly and I think it looks outstanding. My daughter evey said that she thought it was a great looking boat. She never has said anything about the other ones.

jch
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

My daughter evey said that she thought it was a great looking boat. She never has said anything about the other ones.
Gee, where have I heard something like that before? :D :lol: 8)

Love ya work mate. Not only are you building a beautifull new boat, you are converting another youngun to the dark side. Well Done!!!! 8)

That is a seriously good looking boat. If I didn't allready have my very good tourer, I definately would be tormenting Matt for the plans for this one.

Please keep the piccies coming. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Matt
We are on the same wavelength here.
Ron
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

When u going to do a trip report on this boat
Ron
Please
jheger

trip report

Post by jheger »

I have only paddled it in a local pond. took some pictures and emailed to Matt. I am not sure how to post them. Maybe he will post some of them. The boat performs excellent, is fast, stable and tracks very well. I was even able to stand in it. Might not be wise in windy rough water. This one is spoken for so I will build another for myself. So far, its the boat of my choice. weights 52lbs with luan.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.
jheger

touring pirogue - T

Post by jheger »

Forgot to add the deminsions on the finished product : length 15'3", bottom panel 26", max beam 31", weights 52 lbs with luan 1/4 inch ply. For what I want in a boat I think she is a winner. Of course, one thing about this boat building, you are never satisfied and something better always seems to come along.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Nice mate, real nice. You guys have tken what was allready asuperb boat and turned it into something very special. I like this one - a lot. :D

Bloody well done.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Man
the boat looks great you did a realy nice job on it. Matts designs seem to always work out.
Ron
zeb

Post by zeb »

Sweet boat,Love the colours in the 4th photo 8)

[/img]
All The Best
Zeb