Another Touring Pirogue-T

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Jimmy W
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Another Touring Pirogue-T

Post by Jimmy W »

I have been working on this for a while and it is finally starting to look like a boat.

Top view

Front

Aft
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day JimmyW, and welcome aboard mate.

Your boat is coming along beautifully. :D

I am certain you will be very happy with your touring pirogue. I love mine and can't imagine my shed without at least, one in it.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

JimmyW

Looking good.

DM
Jimmy W

Post by Jimmy W »

Thanks DM and Mick.
Mick, since this design hasn't been officially released, Matt sent the instructions for the standard touring pirogue and I have been also been using your excellent thread on your P-5 build. I am also using your technique of using 1/16 inch holes and galvanized wire for the stitching.
jheger

touring pirogue - T

Post by jheger »

Jimmyw:
Good choice of boats, I built one and its a great boat. Only problem, it has been spoken for, so I will have to build another one.
Jimmy W

Post by Jimmy W »

Jheger, Matt sent me some photos of your build under construction when I bought the plans. I have also seen your thread. I think that you and Matt came up with a good boat and I am looking forward to trying it out.
surfman

Post by surfman »

That is a nice looking design. Looks like it would make a fine fishing machine.
Tight Lines, Steve
jheger

Matt's idea

Post by jheger »

JimmyW:
Have to give credit where credit is do, Matt is responsible for the design, all I did was tell him what I thought I would want. He took it from there and told me what I needed and put it on paper. Thanks Matt
Jimmy W

Post by Jimmy W »

The pirogue finally has glass put on both inside and outside. I stood it up against the house to do the end-pours.

Jimmy W

Post by Jimmy W »

It is finally finished except for the epoxy-graphite on the bottom and drilling the rope holes in the ends. I hope to get it in the water this weekend for testing and better photos.

Matt is this still number two?