Touring Pirouge T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Surfman
I filled the cooler half full of water didn't seem to bother it I realy couldn't tell it was back there I do think a man will need to keep the water drained.
Hatches will be the next thing then rod holders . they will be the same sze as on the rear of the laker that is a perfect size for me.
Ron
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Something I left out I wasn't sure if the tumble homes were going to be worth the extra effort but I love them even in the weather conditions I was in I never bumped my hand once.
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Ron,

Just looking at this boat is torturing me. I bloody want one!!

Well done mate on yet another greate build and thread.

Thank you!
Something I left out I wasn't sure if the tumble homes were going to be worth the extra effort but I love them even in the weather conditions I was in I never bumped my hand once
YES!!! :D :D 8)

Now you are talking my language mate. 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Mick
Close your eyes lean back relax then think of a Laker 16 ft long asymetrical , faster , more storage ,tumblehomes :lol: :twisted:
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

That's pretty much what you built.
-Matt. Designer.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

terryinGa wrote:I'm confused, looked at the plans for the touring pirogue and its a flat bottom as I would expect from a pirogue. Yours is a V-bottom which I thought would de-classify it as being a pirogue?...
Or, another way of looking at it is that moving from a flat bottomed boat to a vee bottom is returning closer to what a pirogue was to begin with. As I've read, they were dugouts form logs. No flat bottoms there, but rounded or semi-rounded bottoms.

Flat bottoms came along later, likely because boards are flat and not round?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

The concentration has been on the big cooler, and it will be great on weekend trips up to week long trips or with a bag of ice in it to keep fish cool till you can dress them. On day trips and fishing trips a small cooler in the hatches will be plenty and the cooler slot will be used to hold are transport fish with the weight close to the center of the boat I also made it with a smooth inside so you can roll up and wash out with a hose so easy clean up.
Ron
surfman

Post by surfman »

You could also convert it into a live well. :lol:
Tight Lines, Steve
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Took a saw to her today

got to have hatches

gluing in the lips for seals

gaskets installed

getting the little things done so if this weather ever breaks can be ready.
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

You're going to get some offers to buy that one.
-Matt. Designer.