Touring Pirouge T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Well without seeing exactly what he had, I'm not sure. But giving a little extra length wouldn't hurt.

Taking off too much is the hard part.
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

James
using the 1/8 ply you will be ok here are a few pics these are forced as much as I cam without cracking ply

Here is how I braced the bottom side of the hatches

and a pic of the bunji cords and set up on hatches

Holler if you need anything else
Ron
jheger
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by jheger »

Ron:
Thanks for the pictures on the TV and on the Laker hatches.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Matt
About 3/4 inch added in back and 1 1/2 in front would really help if using 4 mm ply
Ron
PS have it flipped over now where I could measure it.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

I have been pretty busy the last few days I need to catch up on my posting.
Here we go

bulkheads in filets run and inside glassed

end pours done I had to stand this one since it had the tumble homes installed dang its tall

shear strips glued in

cut the rear deck and installing it

I went with a flat rear deck

This is getting pretty long I think I will end it here
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Ok here we go
I tried something on my front deck and it seems to be working ok
glassed the back side of my deck put 4 inch strip of clothe down the center line.

then I turned it over ran a saturation coat on the side(the top side)

then drew a line down the center making sure I was in the center of the tape on the other side

I set my skill saw to cut 3/4 way threw the 1/8 ply ( I free handed it should of used a straight edge) but it worked ok

then I got a 2=4 placed it under it and pushed down

Wala a good straight edge in the 1/8 ply no waves

put on top of yak marked then sanded it to shape

Saves a lot of time good straight line and the cloth on the back side works as a hinge to hold everything just right and when you bend it open lets you glass all the way back through to the tape.
Ron
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Boat is starting to shape up
got the front deck on

got the combing installed

got a little glass on the nose

The more I work on this boat the more I like it bet it is going to be in low fortys in weight to.
Mick better get Matt to send you this set of plans.
More tomorrow.
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

The more I work on this boat the more I like it
Me too mate. :D Only I'm not working on it. :P

I think this one is going to be a real usefull ship. :D I like your idea re the decks too, very clever! 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

pics from back of boat and back deck

and of what the spot behind the seat was for

It gets hot in Texas and I needed a way to carry a five day extreme cooler on my trip for food and refreshments. I still have all the room I need for the rest of my gear.
The boat weighed in at 43 lbs.
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

:shock: :shock: :D :D
It gets hot in Texas and I needed a way to carry a five day extreme cooler on my trip for food and refreshments
I would stick to that story too mate. :P Looks like a 50 can, cooler to me. :P :P I hear tell that Texans can get very thirsty on a hot day. :lol:

Ron I have to tell you, I am real impressed with this boat. If I wasn't committed to three other builds allready, one of these would be going into my shed real soon.

Your back storage area for the cooler is very clever. I would be thinking about building a timber cooler "Wannagan?" into the hull there.

My only concern with such a big cooler is will it raise the centre of gravity too high?
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)