Prototype Bluefin 12; 12' fishing SOT

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

I like both the boat, and the depth finder counter sunk into the hull. that will provide good information for both fishing, and exploring a body of water.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

I noticed you filled the hole in on your boat. The plans Matt sent me didn't say anything about filling in the hole on mine?????
Matt,
Are you trying to tell me something? :shock:

Lee
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

LEE SCHNEIDERMANN wrote:I noticed you filled the hole in on your boat. The plans Matt sent me didn't say anything about filling in the hole on mine?????
Matt,
Are you trying to tell me something? :shock:

Lee
No Lee... on yours, just be sure to drill even amount of holes so any water that comes in can drain back out.
-Matt. Designer.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

jem wrote:No Lee... on yours, just be sure to drill even amount of holes so any water that comes in can drain back out.
I can just see the tort suit now.
Kayak Jack
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

The hull exterior has been glassed & several coats of epoxy applied. Time to move on to the dreaded hull interior filleting and glassing. Yuck!

1. Hull propped at an angle to glass 1/2 of exterior

2. Completed glassing and applying epoxy coats to hull exterior

hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Only one word "Beautiful" 8)

I can't wait to see what you do with the inside and decks mate. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Thanks Mick! I continue to be astounded by the quality and quantity of boats you produce! Not to mention all the wondeful input/guidance you provide. You are a treasure!
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Thanks mate, :oops:

When I first started building these things, I was too lazy and way too arrogant to be bothered reading much of others build threads, or to ask enough questions for that matter. Consequently, I made a lot of mistakes and my first boats/builds were not all that they could/should have been.

I have just been trying to help others avoid some of the heart-ache that I encountered. :D.

I really like the lines of your boat and you have achieved a level of workmanship with only your second build that many can only aspire to. Bloody good on ya mate! :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

It takes a boat or two before any of us begins to feel comfortable. Fortunately, even a doubtfully built boat serves fairly well under many circumstances.

Matt's designs and instructions bring new builders up to speed quickly, and usually the first boat is serviceable.
Kayak Jack
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Unfortunately I've been tied up at work. I did make some good progress in the last week or so. The hull interior has been glassed and the cockpit and scupper installed. Pic's below.

1. Closeup of cockpit frame and scupper hole assembly

2. Larger view of cockpit frame and scupper hole assembly

3. Cockpit and scupper installed