Paddlepup's Laker 14

Builder show and discuss their progress.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Looking nice!

Can I use that picture on my main web page?
-Matt. Designer.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

Nice looking, Pup. And - your lawn is mowed to! You've been busy.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
lark2004
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by lark2004 »

Nice work there Dave,

I have no doubt at all that you'll be on the water before me... :wink:

I still habe to glass the outside, put the top on, etc...... and to top it off I've got to rebuild the motor in the Acco!, the old Inter d358 engine gave up on me last week, so time is still not my side for boat building :cry:

Maybe next week I can start getting back into her :?
Andrew
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Dave,

You have done this lovely boat proud mate. Beautiful job.

I am certain you will be delighted with with the way she paddles and handles, and even more happy with the all the questions you get when you put her in the water mate.

Bloody well done!!! Goodonyamaaaaate :D 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

That is one mighty fine looking boat , I hate to think of it being painted but it is yours and deserves to be the way you want it. You will have many fun times paddling her and get ready for a lot of questions when folks see you paddling her. :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
paddlepup

Post by paddlepup »

Thanks for the comments fellas, makes me think I should get it finished now and on to the water. 8) 8)

As I've said in an earlier post I wish that I had cleaned off all the pencil marks now and not used any permanent marker !!!!, as the ply certainly comes up well once the epoxy has been applied and would look great finished clear. There's always next time :P :P I'll let you all know when I get it wet.

Matt - Its ok to use the pic for your website, I'll post a better pic when it's finished and on the water.
Cheers
Dave
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Could you apply a JEM logo over magic marker and then varnish?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Dave, and Lark and John,

When you guys get ya Lakers done, would you be interested in a sort of Laker Meet and Greet, somewhere in South East Qld.

Would be great to meet up for a paddle somewhere down your way. 8)
Regards,
Mick

paddlepup

Post by paddlepup »

Mik

Sounds like a great idea to me. You'd better think about hiring a truck though 'cause we'd wanna see more than just your Lakers....you gotta bring 'em all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of my previous paddling has only been around the shallows in Moreton Bay off Victoria Point but we could try the Boondall Wetlands or Bells / Coochin creeks off The Bribie Passage.

I'm in....Look forward to it down the track. :) :)
Cheers
Dave
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Mate,

I think there are way more lakers being built here than are being posted. In the last few months, I have been getting a steady stream of emails from people asking about the free Laker . Many claim to be in the SEQ area. 8)

These boats are bloody ideal for around here. I took mine for a paddle in Beelbi Creek yesterday and had forgotton just how much fun she is to paddle. I think the 14 footer will be even better. My only gripe with the 13 footer is that I can only take a relatively small cooler.

Mate, get ready for all the questions, each and every time you go somewhere with your lovely boat. People (complete strangers) will come up to you and each will have a dozen or more questions. I try to leave an hour or so early to allow for this. :D

Mate,

We are up for a paddle any where - any time. :D Any of the places you mention would be fine with us. Pumicestone Passage is a little closer for us and Ningi Creek is spectacular, but Boondall Wetlands are also on our to do list 8) and anywhere in between. :lol:
Regards,
Mick