Jodie's T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

lark2004 wrote:Hey Mick...

Have you talked to Austral Plywood or Sharp Plywood in Brisbane?

They both Manufacture Plywood here in Brisbane, and I know they have marine ply in their product range. Sharp Plywood have it in thicknesses from 1.5mm up to 12mm. I'm not sure off the top of my head what the prices are like, or what you'd have to pay for freight, but hey might be worth a call, if you don't want to have to deal with imported ply anymore.
1.5 mm panels .... "O" Boy , Yahoo , Woo Hoo , Great. Now why do they have to be in Australia and on the wrong side of the pond. :P :P

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Andrew,

Thanks for the heads up mate. I have never heard of them. Freight is no real problem for me mate. A couple of mates here are truckies doing the north south run, a carton or two here & there - know what I mean? :D :D

I have enough ply for possibly another half a dozen builds depending on design but will definately be checking them out. There is absolutley no consistency with the sheets I have now. They vary in weight, finish and quality from spectacularly good to very ordinary. I have picked the best of my best for Jodies boat and some pretty ordinary stuff for mine. It will still make a fine boat but just not as light or as pretty as Jodies.

It would be lovely to have to luxury to sort through a stack of sheets and just pick out the ones I want. As it is, I order 10 or so at a time and have to trust the supplier to do the right thing. :roll:
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day guys,

Not much got done today. Seems I have come down with some sort of flu. sick as a dog.

Started marking out the temp frames and did a little more to the panel splices is all.
Regards,
Mick

lark2004

Post by lark2004 »

8) Mick, I know exactly what you mean, as I do that sort of thing myself.... amazing what I'll transport on my truck for a couple of bottles of Bundy. :mrgreen:
Andrew
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'ady Andrew, 8) 8)

Still crook, but spent about an hour in the shed today and got the side panels butt joined. Will put fibreglass patches on tomorrow.
Regards,
Mick

coogzilla

Post by coogzilla »

Don't be breathin wood dust. Mask. Theirs other things to put yer
nose to. Be carefull Mick. Coogs
JEMWATERCRAFT:
Touring Pirogue-
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Thanks Coogs,

Feeling a bit better now & got all the panel splices done today.

Robin came home from work tonight and told me she hit a roo on the way.

Will be spending the best part of tomorrow pulling the front off her little car and trying to bash & weld it back straight -ish again. She was lucky to be able to get it home.

Not to worry, no body was hurt 'cept the roo of course. Things could have been much worse.

Mad bloody woman was too upset to even think to throw it in the boot for me & the dogs. We bloody LOVE roo barbeque :x
Regards,
Mick

coogzilla

Post by coogzilla »

Mick, what does roo tast like. We don't have them here.
Coogs
JEMWATERCRAFT:
Touring Pirogue-
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Mate, It is an "aquired" taste. :lol:

Darkish meat, strong in flavour and allmost completely fat free. Doesn't taste like anything else I have tried.

The tail joints make a superb soup and the thighs, properly cut, cook up very nice of a grille plate.

Road kill is not my normal thing but I haven't had roo in years.

There are millions of them here now, that rec hunting has been pretty much banned. They are a real hazard on our country roads and highways and are renouned for just grazing on the side of the road, then hopping right into the path of a vehicle at the last moment. Many are allmost as big as a man and can do bad damage to a car travelling at 60mph.
Regards,
Mick

coogzilla

Post by coogzilla »

Well thank's Mick

Coogs
JEMWATERCRAFT:
Touring Pirogue-