Jodie's T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... Some DNA only makes the boat better.

If you have a larger then normal gap . tape one side after it is stitched and fill it ( a fillet) with some epoxy and wood flour. Then later sand the back side if more then you wanted oozed them the opening. It and you should be good to go , especially if you are glassing both sides.

Before that , if it is wavy redo the stitches , they do contribute to the overall of the panels , a fraction on an inch off is not a good thing. Jeez .... I telling this to a person who has made a whole fleet of wood boats and could tell me things about building them. :oops: :lol:

Mick .. As you know they are only wood and epoxy with some fiberglass to seal them when done. :D

Set backs ( things to think about) are good , they let us do more thinking on how it should be done , I just had a good one here on the canoe and I'm glad of it. She will be a better boat for it.

Chuck.
If she turns out the other way then with my handy and dandy hand saw ... I will have two book cases 7 feet tall. :lol:
Matt .. if that happens can I still put the Jem Watercraft stickers on them. :wink: :P :?
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Thanks Chuck,

Silly thing is, I know what I did wrong and probably, deep down, I knew I was doing it at the time - but went ahead and did it anyway. :oops:

I have got it back to the point now where it is allmost good enough. If the boat was for me it probably would be good enough. (or VERY close to it)

But this one is not for me, so I will take the time necessary to make it as good as it can be.

Have run a string line down the centre and am in the process of sanding off the hard points where the panels are meeting, stitch up and check, pull stitches, sand a little more etc etc. Not fun but getting there.

The warps are now only about 5/16" out of true, will get them just right in the next week or so.

Gotta go to bloody Brisbane next week so that will hold me up for a few days.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
lark2004
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by lark2004 »

Ahh, coming down to my domain huh? Don't worry, I hate driving around town, I look forward to jobs that get out into the countryside. Brisbane traffic sucks....... :x
Andrew
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Andrew,

I bloody HATE Brisbane.

Still a country town by American standards, but too bloody big and busy for my liking. Just the thought of going down there makes me feel sick. :evil:
Regards,
Mick

jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

you must a joy to be with in Sydney! :lol:
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

:lol: :lol: Last time I was there mate was 1988. Not a happy camper then and I would be even worse now.

Best part of the cities for me is that I am not there. 8)
Regards,
Mick

coogzilla

Post by coogzilla »

Hey, Come on down to So Kali. We have diamond lanes to ruin
the fwy's, everything is a crime, the governator is a moron "arnie"
and they send a jury duty notice every month. :D :D :D
JEMWATERCRAFT:
Touring Pirogue-
lark2004

Post by lark2004 »

silly question, but where in Brissy are you heading to? I only ask because some of the road works that "Can Do" Cambell has started on, makes the roads change every few days.....It can get a bit confusing....
Andrew
john the pom

Post by john the pom »

Spends up to eight hours a day driving a council bus in that Brissy traffic. Can't see what the problem is... till I get in my car and actually WANT to get anywhere ( and that's invariably out of town). Then it gets annoying.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Wynnum mate, - Then Capalaba the day after.

Don't know Brisane that well any more but going down to hopefully get another car (have a look at it anyway) and then home over the Gateway bridge.

Big adventure for me mate (or so I keep telling myself) Going down on the tilt train 8) Daughter in law is meeting me and driving me round. 8)

Goodness, I sound like a bloody hick. I grew up in the place - worked the beat there but hated it then and nothing has changed. Tall buildings - bright lights - and crowds just don't do it for me, and the traffic is insane.

Coogs mate, So Kali is probably a fine place (are we talking about Southern California?) but you wouldn'y find me there. I would probably be arrested on the first day.

Matt, re Sydney - Where do I start? :lol: Last time I was there was last year and I will never go back. Came very close to getting arrested - in the airport. :lol:

Beatuful harbour, spectacular beaches and some of the best paddling waters in Australia and then they went and built Sydney on it all. Best part of the place for me, is the highway out of it.

Thank goodness so many people love the place and just can't imagine living anywhere else. At least, it keeps them from living here. My little town has about 300 souls and that, my friends, is plenty big enough for me. 8)
Regards,
Mick