Here it is so far. (pretty long) NEW PICS

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Here it is so far. (pretty long) NEW PICS

Post by Darrells »

Here are some pictures of my first build. Please let me know what you think (good,bad or ugly). So far I have not made any big mistakes. This being my first build I chose to use Luan in case I really screwed up it would not be so expensive. I did sand thru the thin stain layer of the Luan, that is the purpose of the paint scheme on the hull. I wanted a natural finish and this is the only way I could think of to hide the places I over sanded. The hull is fiberglasses inside and outside and the bottom is grapite coated. The Freedom 15 is next, plans arrived yesterday. :lol:
Last edited by Darrells on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell Sykora
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Here it is so far. (pretty long)

Post by tx river rat »

Darrel
Looks good, Holler at me some times and we will christen her on the Brazos.
Ron
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Ron,
I am dying to finish it so I can get on the river. We will have to get together sometime. I'm not sure I'm as tough as Kim. We may have to wait and catch a warm day. :lol:
Darrell Sykora
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

I am like you Dont like cold. bu we can do several different length trips even just a afternoon.
Ron
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Darrell,

Looks to me like you have a boat there that you will enjoy. Go ahead and paddle with Ronnie - you can believe almost everything he says. Except, maybe that part about no rocks in the Brazos.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Got the second coat of varnish on. Seat is mounted and deck lids are fitted. Hope to get the rub rails on today or Firday. wont be long till I get to paddle her. :lol:
Darrell Sykora