SABALO BUILD

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Rick Tyler
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Rick Tyler »

Who needs a kayak? Caulk those joints and throw that thing in the water, and you'll be good to go!
Rick Tyler
Har_Laker
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Radio Stations?

Post by Har_Laker »

Paul,
I'm saying this with a smile on my face :D How many channels are you getting with all of those antennas? :D

Hairy Mick? :D

I'm a dye hard fisherman and I'm sure my yaks, will some day, be getting as many channels as you guys. :D

Good Looking Job!

Jeff
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Goty a bit more done at last ........Glued in all the decks

Hull looks a bit crusty.. but I didn't want to cleanup outside till last so epoxy would give the ply some protection
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

If with the "barnacles" growing on it, you can see it's a very true and square hull. Nice work!
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

After 8hrs sanding this appeared on my back lawn :shock: :shock:

33 degrees forcast for tomorrow so finaly hull maybe gets glassed :roll:
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Oh Wow!

Paul, That is one truly beautiful hull mate. As Matt said, Your lines are perfect! This is no small achievement and is smething I can only aspire to - one day. I haven't got there yet.

Bloody well done mate.

Har_Laker ,
Long Story mate - don't ask :oops:
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

hairymick wrote:Oh Wow!

Paul, That is one truly beautiful hull mate. As Matt said, Your lines are perfect! This is no small achievement and is smething I can only aspire to - one day. I haven't got there yet.

Bloody well done mate.

Har_Laker ,
Long Story mate - don't ask :oops:
Still got a way to go Mick still time to mess it all up :shock:
However I'll probably jinx myself by saying I'm pretty proud of work so far :oops:
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

Looking very clean. Straight lines.

Yea you could mess it up... but you can also fix it if you do. :wink:
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Matt
I am considering hacking halfway down panel A and cockpit side in cockpit region to insert a dowel to form a lifting handle in apex of A and cockpit intersection if you know what I mean :?
this will happen above A.B chine intersection but will leave a cutout in the cockpit sheer of maybe 2-2 1/2" thinkig maybe 3/4 dowel in apex for handle
My gut feeling is there will be enough freeboard to achieve this.........................any thoughts?
Cheers........ little old wine drinker me
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

you mean like installing a bow eye and then install rope with t-handle for lifting?
-Matt. Designer.