SABALO BUILD

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

Matt............the cutouts give me access inside the hull again :lol: :lol:

What are your thoughts on putting scuppers in the two back corners of the cockpit............I'm thinking 1/2" fiberglass tube I just happen to have lying around. :roll:

Do you or any of the guys have any thoughts? 8)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

shouldn't be an issue. Scott does it on his SOTs.
-Matt. Designer.
scottrunnr
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by scottrunnr »

Paul,
follow this link within the JEM site to see how I installed my fiberglass tube scuppers: http://jemwatercraft.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=60

Go about half-way down the page. I hope this helps (assuming you need any help :wink: ).
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Thanks Scott given me some ideas 8)
I thought I was nearly finished :oops: ........But I guess its not over until you are finished :shock:
PS really like your single you recently completed
Cheers Paul
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

After being inspired By Olsnappa.s launch I pressed on this weekend

Scott decided against extra scuppers............ :(

as I .......just .....want .....to.....finish :) :shock: 8) :P

Handle Finished

Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Got first coat of graphite on hull 8)

I have cut ply out and filled transducer shoot thru hole with thickened epoxy

Question will transducer shoot thru graphite?? :? :?

Scott I noticed on your Blue fin build you must have masked this area before you graphite coated :shock:

Is there a reason for this :o
Flump

Post by Flump »

G'day mate.....she's looking good. There's no worries about the transducer shooting through the graphite mix. I've got a Garmin 140 and thats fine through two layers of glass, ply and three coats of graphite epoxy :D
Build and paddle your own kayak - it doesn't get much better than that!
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

That's amazing Flump that your fishfinder will shoot thru the ply. I was told by the manufacturer of my fishfinder (Eagle Cuda) not to shoot thru ply or graphite. Especially not ply. That's why I taped off the transducer cut-out area when applying graphite.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Flump wrote:G'day mate.....she's looking good. There's no worries about the transducer shooting through the graphite mix. I've got a Garmin 140 and thats fine through two layers of glass, ply and three coats of graphite epoxy :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scottrunner quote
"That's amazing Flump that your fishfinder will shoot thru the ply. I was told by the manufacturer of my fishfinder (Eagle Cuda) not to shoot thru ply or graphite. Especially not ply. That's why I taped off the transducer cut-out area when applying graphite."

Two conflicting opinions.........maybe transducers work better in the southern Hemisphere?? :shock:

Flump and Scott thanks for answers.......I think I'll take cautious aproach and not graphite cut out... my sounder is pretty entry level so I dont know how powerfull it is :oops:
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

I thought I posted this before.

Will shoot through graphite - no problem. :D

Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)