Gander River Canoe -- Updated 2Mar06 at 3:05pm

Builder show and discuss their progress.
mud390
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by mud390 »

Added a few more pics on 29Jan06 at 10:20am. The basic hull is now complete.

Kris
mud390
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by mud390 »

I've added more pictures on 02Feb06 at 10:20am. The boat is ready for sanding at this point. The new pictures are uploaded to Model Canoe Continued. Original pictures from before are still in Model Canoe. Enjoy!

http://home.comcast.net/~mud390/pictures.htm

Kris
mud390

Post by mud390 »

More pictures added on 06Feb06 at 1:57am. I finally started sanding the canoe. Note to self: buy dusk mask!

Click on Model Canoe First Sanding for most up to date pictures. I tried a new way of posting pictures. Let me know which way you like better.

Kris
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

New method of posting is better - hands down winner. I particjluarly liked the pretty girl.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
mud390

Post by mud390 »

New meathod will be used from now on!

On that note, more pictures posted on 13Feb06 at 1:15am. Nothing too exciting, just more saw dust made. Enjoy!

Kris
mud390

Post by mud390 »

Added a few more pictures on 2Mar06 at 3:05pm under "Model Canoe Third Sanding." I know its been a while, but work keeps me busy, and tired. Without further ado... http://home.comcast.net/~mud390/pictures.htm

Kris
Tweedie

The full size version

Post by Tweedie »

It is really interesting to see the pictures of your model. I build the Gander River boat in full size. The very unique lines make it instantly recognizable, esspecially to me since I a very familiar with sanding every edge on that boat, as you probably are now.

Looks great, Keep the pictures comming.

Tweedie
mud390

Post by mud390 »

I'm sorry to announce, but the model will have to go on hold for a while. My job is going to carry me abroad for around 3 or 4 months, so the canoe has to take the back seat for now. I'll be able to finish it when I do get back home though. I'll be sure to post more pictures when I get back.

Kris
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Bon Voyage, Mud. I hope your trip is fulfilling and you have an uneventful return. Maybe, being small, you could tuck the model into a corner of your luggage, and sand paper in another corner?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
mud390

Post by mud390 »

I thought about that too, but I know how my bags will be handled and it would invarably be crushed. It gives me something to look forward to when I come home though.

Kris