Jodie's T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Jodie's T-V

Post by hairymick »

G'day guys,

Just to start the log off, I started marking and cutting the panels today :D

Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Tor
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Tor »

Crikey mate, you need a hobby :lol: :lol: :lol: it's almost an obsession...
jheger

Post by jheger »

Mick:
What kind of wood will you be using and its thickness? Thanks
Jheger
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day James,

4mm Gaboon on this one. I need it to be light so Jodie can lift it on and off her car.

I hope to make one for myself as well. Thinking about using 6mm caboon for the bottom panels on it. Still not sure what I will do with the deck arrangements. I really like what Matt has drawn for you. 8)
Regards,
Mick

tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Is the one you are building the same width as mine and James
You going to love this boat
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G;day Ron,

Same hull 8) :D

Maybe, a little different in the deck set up. :D
Regards,
Mick

tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Mick
You had time to get anything else done to the T-V
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Ron,

Thanks for the interest mate. 8)

Been a little pre-occupied the last week or so. Hope to get a real start on them next week.

Still considering decking options too. As the lovely Miss Jodie's hull takes shape, I want to get her involved so she can decide how she wants hers set up but she lives a little way away from me.

Mine will be sort of like a hybrid between yours and James's :twisted: (with a couple of my own little twists :lol: )

Found a supplier of ply who assures me his stuff is way better than the Gaboon I have been using. Stronger, prettier and allmost the same weight. but much dearer. Have ordered 20 sheets :D Did I mention there are one or two other boats I want to build? The way the price of things is going here, By the time I am ready to use them, the price will probably have doubled again. :evil:
Regards,
Mick

tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Mick
I knew you had been busy, I am very courious to your reaction to paddling the T-V and to see if you agree with James and I that it is the best boat in both our sheds.
Looking forward to seeing your decks and miss Jodie in the boat. Three T-V's three different looks that is so neat.
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

OK,

I'm back in the game! :D

My latest Duckworks order arrived a little while ago 8) Man, I just LOVE this internet shopping thing. First boat I built, I drove nearly 280 miles to get my resin and cloth. Now, I can do it in comfort, sitting by the fire and a few relatively painless strokes on the keyboard. No stress, no fuss and in a week or two my stuff is here. Often much sooner than that. and I generally save some money in the process. :D

Been procrastinating for a few weeks - dithering actually and been undecided whether to build this boat for Jodie or a Swampgirl 14.

TV has won out. :D

All hull panels for both boats are cut and trimmed and I hope to start panel splicing tomorrow.

While looking through my stash of ply today, I noticed some sheets are significantly lighter than others. I have selected the lightest sheets I have for Jodies Boat and the ordinary ones for mine, (all Gaboon/Okuoune BS 1088) While doing this, I also found 3 sheets that are nominally 3mm thick, stamped with the BS 1088 and real nice grain. I have saved these for the decks and stuff. :P Gonna try to get a little tricky there.

Nothing worth piccies yet. I cut and trimmed the panels in the same fashion as in other builds. Cut and trimmed one of each panel to 1/2 the pencile line then used them as templates to mark and cut the corresponging panels. Screwed them together and trimmed the mating panels with a router and pattern bit. Too easy. 8) 48 individual panels cut and trimmed = 4 hours and a bit play and a heap of saw dust. 8)
Regards,
Mick