Two Lakers for the Kids and 1 for dad

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Har_Laker
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Big Problem

Post by Har_Laker »

I started stitching my kayak together, squared the frames and then flipped her over for a look. :( The bottom keel joint had a 1 " offset for the length of the hull.

I thought a a little about adding a keel strip to cover it up, but I figured that I would still end up paddling on one side more that the other to keep her strait.

I decided to take the bottom out and fix the joint seams. I've been trying to get these kayaks done with so much else going on, I guess I just rushed a little to much. Lesson learned.

Cut out, removed, and sanded down to separate, and reset the bottom panels

Here's my little man/helper that claims all the kayaks for himself.

He wanted to help, so I gave him a chip brush and some water to paint his sisters yak.

Here's my oldest thinking about redoing his deck after looking at his sisters natural finish.

We can't wait to get back on the water ,
Jeff
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

Jeff,

You and your kids purely do warm the cockles of my heart. You are doing right things. Keep up the good work.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Jeff......I have to agree with KJ.....Your photos show it perfectly. This is what it all about. :)
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
Har_Laker

Lakers Lair

Post by Har_Laker »

Thank you gentlemen!

FYI,

I will be adding all additional posts to the "Laker Lair"

Har