T-V please explain

Builder show and discuss their progress.
cridgie down under

T-V please explain

Post by cridgie down under »

can someone please tell me what is a t-v, and i dont mean the television.
i have watching hairy micks progress on jodies t-v with interest, if someone could explain i would appreciate your help
regards cridgie down under
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Gridjie,

Are you Ray?

Welcome aboard anyway mate. :D

The "T" stands for the Touring Pirogue with a Tumblehome panel and the V stands for a "V" bottom.

I think it is more of a hybrid. Not really a pirogue at all, not quite either a kayak or a canoe but hopefully will combine the best bits of all three. :D

Ie - allmost as easy to build as a normal pirogue, nearly as quick as a very good kayak only more stable - with similar, small wind signature and with the load capacity approaching that of a good solo canoe.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

cridgie
James Hager and myself both built the Laker and backchannel were talking about what we thought would make a fast stable low wind sigature boat, we came up with a modified touring peroque,Laker cross.
James contacted Matt and the T-V was born drew a set of plans then James had Matt send me a set.
It is a fantastic boat , the best in my stable, course I had to modify my decks ,but that is another story,
Look at t-v aka Brazos Queen shows my boat (aint as pretty as Micks) but it sure does what I wanted it to.
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

yep.. that's the story.
-Matt. Designer.