Hairie's Okwata 15 X 26 LC

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Hairie's Okwata 15 X 26 LC

Post by tx river rat »

Ok Matt when are the plans going to be available. :roll:
Ron
Dang you Mick
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

They have been available here:

http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail ... Okwata1526

I need to update those pictures.
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Ok Matt when are the plans going to be available.
Ron
Dang you Mick
ROFLM!

Ron, I don't know how Okwata would compare with your lovely Cuda and to tell the truth, I have been sorely tempted by her, :D

My Wanderer is a superb flat water boat but I often found myself wishing I had just a little more stability and volume/carrying capacity. She is a modified job, a special order for me specifically for fishing the creeks and rivers here and covering a lot of miles in a day to do it. She did all this very well but add to the equation 40 to 60 pounds of fish, or a single large fish, and I was well and truly exceeding the boats designe capacity.

Okwata paddles at least as well as the Wanderer in flat water, is more capable in chop and has way more load capacity and is more stable. South Wind is a superior and more sea worthy craft but she is way bigger and was built for a specific purpose, multi-day expeditions in semi open water.

Okwata was built for day trips, touring and fishing and the occasional jaunt across the bay just for the heck of it. :D The fact that she is also capable of serious camping is a bonus.

I plan to build my next kayak just for the heck of it. I am allready starting to suffer withdrawalls. :oops: 8)

Bob, Craig and Snapps,

Thanks guys. Comments like yours from builders with your abilities mean a lot mates. 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Ossie Bruce
Type of boat I like: OKWATA.

Post by Ossie Bruce »

Mick,
I hope you have put all your lovely boats away from this blow heading your way, it is geting big and strong.
I hope You and Robyn stay safe mate.

Bruce
Ossie Bruce OKWATA Wet at last
North Queensland
Australia
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Bruce,

Thanks for the thoughts mate. We should be pretty right here. We are about 10 miles inland and on pretty high land for round here.

I reckon hamish will continue on current course, hit Fraser Island and veer west over Hervey Bay. Not looking good for those on low land near the coast.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

Wind has been picking up all day here. Only bowing steady at 30 knots at the moment, but will have a big yard clean up tomorrow.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)