HELP!!!!!!!!!Somethings growing........

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!Somethings growing........

Post by Bemm 52 »

Artfull Dodger wrote:
Bemm,

I have applied three coats of graphite mix to the Okwata :lol: :P :lol: did you or do you have to wet and dry the last coat??? I'm happy with the finish was just wondering if it makes a difference to the overall smoothness?????
I did but I had some orange peel effect going on :cry: :cry: Fixed now though :D

Still working on finish before varnish not quiet there yet :( did to good a job on Sabalo and SWMBO is using it as a bench mark :roll: :lol: :lol:

olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by olsnappa »

Paul..... Another great looking boat coming along.
Congratulations, mate. :D :D
...And I love those homemade fairleads!!
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Finish is looking really good Paul.

Speaking of those fairleads - are they enamelled or did you give them the epoxy/graphite treatment?
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Bob I sealed them with epoxy then painted them with water based black paint.When it dried I epoxy coated again.
Thought about casting them in thickened epoxy, but I'm more comfortable with wood.
Cheers Paul
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

That boat is looking beautiful. The wife is going to love it.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Dickie
Type of boat I like: Kayaks

Post by Dickie »

Suspense! I love it
~~ Dickie ~~
"The BEST tool in the World is the Human mind"
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Launch day finally arrived :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:

All smiles from SWMBO except in one area :( :?

Water comes in scuppers when we are in the boat, and surges up towards seat as boat is paddled..................they are below the water line :? :?

Scrathing my head as to how this could of happened all the panels fitted perfectly during build :? :?

There is at least an inch of water above suppers in footwell with paddler on board. :shock:

At rest empty with no load water is only about 1/4" below floor

In contrast the Sabalo has inches above water in scuppers at rest

With either one of us aboard no water comes up thru scuppers unless conditions are very choppy and short.

Got to solve this because I promised the bride a dry boat :shock: ..............I think this builds not over yet :lol: :lol:

Scupper plugs did solve the problem but I want them to be open and work properly :roll: .........Toying with raising footwell floor but this will mean front hatch won,t fit :? ...........There is an answer Just need to give it more thought

Other than this the boats a beauty :lol: :lol:

Incidentaly this is what we had to contend with driving back over the divide.................no Santa because its october................very strange :wink: :shock: :lol: :lol:

PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Hi Bemm

I have been reading the spots of all the builds of the Wadefish that I can find, as I want to build 2 & fit Mirage Drives to them.

I havent read on any other builds any problems with water through the scuppers. Did you do any thing diffrent on the build?

Pete
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

PiratePete wrote: Did you do any thing diffrent on the build?

Pete
No thats whats puzzling me :? ..............hopefully there will be some feed back from fellow Wadefishers :)
Cracka

Post by Cracka »

G'day Bemm,

The boat looks the goods mate. Shame about the water though, her feet would have been a tad cold, its been pretty miserable down here the past few days. I see by the road sign you were down my way (Merimbula) only about an hour from that sign. Did you take that photo yesterday, if so you were probably lucky to get through, the road was closed for a good part of the day due to a truck rollover and the snow!

Where abouts did you take the on water piccies. I couldn't recognise the area, it looks a bit too big of an area for around my way, Mallacoota perhaps!..

Mick