HELP!!!!!!!!!Somethings growing........

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!Somethings growing........

Post by Bemm 52 »

Mick......................Bemm River the day before they blew the entrance.............Drove home wednesday road was closed at Bombala to Cooma and they wanted us to go to Pambula and up the coast road....... but I knew a sneaky back way onto Monaro Highway. :roll:

Road to coast was closed at this point over Browns mountain........ they didn,t even bother to plow it so I wonder if we would have got to Pambula had we kept going as directed..............Maybe thats where Santa was cos we never saw him :lol: :lol:

Cracka
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Cracka »

Geez mate I know that sign too! It's great how we can be on a site hosted in the US and open a post from another member and see something from your own area.....amazing.

You did the right thing by taking your back road, it is definatley quicker going via Canberra and up the Hume Hwy than going to Pambula and then via the coast road, Princes Hwy.

Did you have a fish while you were in the Bemm?
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Cracka wrote:

Did you have a fish while you were in the Bemm?
Only a half hearted go as the weather was very windy and I had stuff to do for the house. Even SWMBO pulled the pin after an hour and shes pretty keen

Those I spoke to said going was tough..............but not surprising with lake so high.
Cracka

Post by Cracka »

Thats a shame....the weather has been pretty average, wind wise that is, it might pick up over the next few weeks though after this rain and with it being opened up...hopefully anyhow.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Hmmm... does the hull look trimmed/balanced when on the water?
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

jem wrote:Hmmm... does the hull look trimmed/balanced when on the water?
Seems pretty right Matt :? Not down at bow :|Rear scuppers are close to flooding too :?

Wadefish 39kg.............Sabalo 41kg same scales :|

Me 90kg.............. SWMBO 70kgsoaking wet
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Hi Bemm

The specs say the Wadefish should end up around 25-34Kg surely the extra 5Kgs of boat weight would make that much diffrence in water line as the recommended load is 68 - 148Kg & you are both well on the lower side of that.

Intrested to hear more as I am looking to buy the plans soon.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Matt came across this pic from Mullet_keys Wadefish build seems to be same problem :|

Gonna spend this weekend pondering this dillema hopefully some others may respond 8)

Danger Mouse where are you. :lol: :lol:
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I reviewed the design extensively and the water should be at the top of the scuppers with 307 pounds [139k] gross on board.

The aft cockpit was not intended to have scuppers with the paddler and seat taking up the majority of the volume.

I can't tell how much water you're dealing with from the images. What's the distance from the bottom of you hatch to the cockpit floor? Looks like that's the top of the water??
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Matt ...............water comes about 1-1/2" above floor at forward bulkhead with my weight.

There are no scuppers in seat area I left them blind...........ie didn't drill them thru.

two forward scuppers in photo measure 2" approximatly from bottom of hull to top of floor at forward bulkhead

The fact that the scuppers are located at corners of footwell mean they are shorter than the center one shown on plans

Hope this helps............maybe i can raise the cockpit floor some what