Stripped Freedom 15

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Stripped Freedom 15 (Boat got Slimed)

Post by Darrells »

Matt, Notice how much freeboard it has with only me and fishing gear? It should carry a pretty good load. I think with another 150 or so pounds she might handle even better with alittle more boat in the water. What do you think?
Darrell Sykora
banoe

Post by banoe »

Darrell,
Great looking boat. Wood always fishes better than tin or plastic. Just got my new solo stripper slimy for the first time today. Six Bass guys in the aluminum john boats only got one! Again that is one fine looking boat you should be proud.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Darrells wrote:Matt, Notice how much freeboard it has with only me and fishing gear? It should carry a pretty good load. I think with another 150 or so pounds she might handle even better with alittle more boat in the water. What do you think?
How much did you have on board?
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

About 275.
Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Yea she could take on a bunch more. Another 75+ or so would make her feel real solid.
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Even at the current weight she is not tippy at all. Very, very stable, much more so than the little Pirogue. When I am loaded heavy for summer camping I will probably be approaching 500 lbs. total weight and I think she will do fine. The best I can tell from comparing build pictures with the picture on the water she is only drafting about two inches with only me and fishing gear.
Darrell Sykora
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

8) That's one fine ride :wink: I think a stripper might be in my future :D

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
CrkdLtr
Type of boat I like: Pirogue

Post by CrkdLtr »

LIGHT KEEPER'S KID wrote:I think a stripper might be in my future :D
That phrase has so many things wrong with that I won't even say anything. :lol: :twisted:
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Almost sounded a bit lewd, ehh?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Darrell you've done a remarkable job, both quality and and time wise.

What are the larger fish in the last pic? From that angle they look a lot like what we call European Carp here in Oz. Do they have serated spines on the dorsal and SPAM fins?
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.