Stripped Freedom 15

Builder show and discuss their progress.
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Stripped Freedom 15

Post by craiggamesh »

Also, if you want to save some wood and rip thru that cedar like its butter, spend the huge grand total of less than ten bucks and get one of these for your table saw (if you don't already have a thin curf blade). The thinner curf wastes less wood and cuts faster.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 50&sr=8-10

You can get them (or the DeWalt brand) near the checkout counter or tool section of your local Big Box store. I have been using one of these blades for several years now. Still cuts like new.

Also, your yellow lab looks about as active as mine. :)
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

craiggamesh,
She's always that active. :D
Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Sorry again Matt. That plastic thing just keeps showing up on pics I post. I gotta learn to be more careful. :wink:
Darrell Sykora
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

You can get a thinner kerf with a 7 1/4 inch think thin kerf skilsaw blade.
Bob
TARHEEL

Post by TARHEEL »

Thanks for the education guys. AND i love the idea of gluing the patterns straight to the ply! Keep going "D", i'm soaking this up like sponge :D
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

You know we should added Darrel? A center line to each station so it's easier to align the stations on the strong back.

You might want to do that now before you start setting them up. Locate the midpoint of the Water and Deck Lines, draw a line with a straight edge, then extend the line to the top and bottom of the station.

Sorry I didn't think of this sooner. :oops:
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

I was looking at that yesterday and come to the same conclusion. No problem to draw a line now. Also to anyone who sees something wrong or has a better idea on how to so something, don't hesitate to speak up. This is a learning curve for me so any and all opinions are welcome.
Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

I finished cutting and sanding the forms today. I hope to get the stiff back built tomorrow.

After all of the dust I had to clean out of the shop today I devised a redneck dust collector. :lol:

Darrell Sykora
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

looks sorta like my dust collector except i used West Virginia chrome (aka duct tape) to attach it.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

I think this build will go pretty easy if I ever get the stiff back level and square and no twist and no hump and no dip and ............ :roll:
Darrell Sykora