Mr. Freckle's Ride / Wadefish 15'x32" Update 5/26

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Bruce36549
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Mr. Freckle's Ride / Wadefish 15'x32" Update 2/26

Post by Bruce36549 »

In your first pic it looked like Mr. Freckles was on top of things. In your last, it looked like he was recovering from a big night on the town. Reminds me of some Navy Chiefs I knew! like me

Bruce
I may look busy, but I'm only confused.
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Re: Mr. Freckle's Ride / Wadefish 15'x32" Update 2/26

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

Ah,a Navy Chief my father was a Chief in what the navy calls the Yachtmen's Navy for 25 years :lol: As for the good side of ply its just a standard mahogany from Home Depot but it was nice so I went with it for my first build :D As for Mr. Freckles he seems to think that he's alot of help I'll let the pics tell that story :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

Re: Mr. Freckle's Ride / Wadefish 15'x32" Update 3/10

Well during the weekend got the cockpit and tankwell filleting complete and ready to be glassed. Started Stitching panels together and stitching the cockpit framing in the hull panels.

The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Mr. Freckle's Ride / Wadefish 15'x32" Update 3/19

Post by Bemm 52 »

Hows the build going ???????? :)

You haven't posted in a while :)

I hope all's well :?

Cheers Paul
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

Sorry,yes it's been awhile but trying to finish to get ready for a Boat Builder's Round-up on May 16,at Ink's lake :D As you can see i've got the scuppers in and deck panels on. I cut out hatchs on the decks,the front is 22"x18" and the rear is 12"x8". That's as large as you can install on this Wadefish plan,but on the inside of the front storage area there's 6 1/2' from the bow to the front scrupper of storage :shock: And it allows for lots of storage including rods of any size :wink: I also installed a small wood button on the inside of hatch covers and inside of deck with a 3/16" holes to install cord to keep from losing covers. I think one of the hardest things to do was cutting holes in hull for scrupper's,it's not natural to cut holes in the bottom of a boat :roll: She's now ready for varnish and paint :wink: And I want to again thank Ron for his advice and I also used his style of hatch building witch worked out great :wink: I've been posting on a fishing site to help draw people to building their own SOT :wink:

Last edited by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID on Mon May 04, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Dear Mr. Freckles. Please tell your manservant that he is doing a nice job. And, for your efforts on the job, you get one atta boy, a milk bone biscuit, and a free pee on the couch.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

Beleave it or not but Mr. Freckle's is a lumber sellector,he go'es out back and sellect's firewood and brings it to the back door :lol: and he love the couch pillows and i catch %$@# over everyone he tears up :lol: I can't wait to get him on the "Wadefish" :wink:

Mike
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Good to see you back Mike, that thing's come up a treat.

Hope Mr Freckles has a good camera. We want him to take some pics of you out on the water - and maybe you can take some of him as well :D
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Geez I dont think I can catch you ...............Hatches are great 8)
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

Re: Mr. Freckle's Ride / Wadefish 15'x32" Update 5/04

Thanks,those are Tx Riverrat's idea and i must say there is going to be alot of storage area in them :wink:

Mike
__Ralph Waldo Emerson