Touring Pirogue - Pacific Island Motif

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Touring Pirogue - Pacific Island Motif

Post by Kayak Jack »

I can see it now - a specially built, low sided entry port for a poor, bedraggled dog to climb up on. Then a shower enclosure for him to stand in while he shakes off 5 gallons of lake water. :roll:
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
footonthesea
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by footonthesea »

Hello all. Just a quick update, I posted launching photos at http://footonthesea.com/Projects/Boat/projects.html (If anyone can link one or two like before that would be great, thanks): launching went well and the boat's performance is remarkable. She is light, fast, and stable. She goes where you tell her without argument and turns on a dime. Big-water wind and chop don't get her down and she can float in a puddle. Thanks Matt!

RE Interior Paint:
The interior paint worked well and was not slippery for us or the dog. After the paddle it was easy to wipe clean and dry (wet inside from water we and the dog brought or paddled in, and through no fault of the boat). I will use it again. The day was overcast so no glare-test was possible.

RE Interior Seats:
We used the Type IV, 20" square, 3" thick, floatation-device cushions for seats and kneeling pads and were very comfortable and could easily adjust position for improved trim or handling. I got lucky and the thwarts match up as backrests with my wife forward and me aft.

Cheers.
"And so by the help of God, perhaps it will turn out after all that freedom and my boat can, just possibly, be synonymous." -Moitessier
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

8) 8) 8)
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Nice , really nice. I like the way it sits on the water , looks like a million bucks and appears to handle the same. :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
CrkdLtr
Type of boat I like: Pirogue

Post by CrkdLtr »

Nice looking boat you got there. I hope mine turns out that nice.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Charles and welcome aboard mate.

I am still wading through all the threads I have missed in the past few moths. Your boat is a stand out among a bunch of very fine builds. Well done mate. 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)