Laker 18 A Cuda 2

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Laker 18 A Cuda 2

Post by tx river rat »

Here we go again. tomorrow back to the box store for wood.
Ron
Last edited by tx river rat on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbo_c
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: 18 A

Post by jbo_c »

Are there drawings? I went through the other post and couldn't decide what this was. If I understand, it's an extension of some design. Which one?

Jbo
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: 18 A

Post by jem »

It's pretty much a Laker except that is asymmetrical (from a top view: the max beam is shifted aft a little for a "Swede Form" hull) and Ron is doing his own deck design.

The Bow and stern heights were also lowered per Ron's request. It's a pure flat water racer that should turn out to be pretty dang fast.
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat

Re: Laker 18 A Cuda 2

Post by tx river rat »

Matt
Do you have any ideal where the seat should be mounted. I noticed in the other boats that are asymmetrical it takes a farther back seating position.
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

You'll want your hips about 19" forward of #4 station. Hope that makes sense.
-Matt. Designer.
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

Ron i hate to tell u.but u need to go the Doc u've got it BAD :lol: :lol: :lol: it loks like your building so many boats that i can't keep tract :lol:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Mike
I am going to combine several boat ideals into the WTV and build this boat to play with,just two going.
Ron
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

Oh,just two :lol: i can't get one started :roll:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson