REFURBISHED MY FIRST PIROGUE

Builder show and discuss their progress.
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

REFURBISHED MY FIRST PIROGUE

Post by preacher »

I decided that I needed to upgrade the first Pirogue so I stripped off the Varnish and laid a full 6 oz cloth coating on the bottom to add to the 2 corner strips already in place. Then I added 3 coats of graphite and refinished the sides and added my TKF and JEM stickers.

She's 13' 4" long and 22" wide at the hull plate.

Of course I built this Pirogue for my grand kids so I took my oldest with me (185 pounds) and he obediently slimmmmmmmed it. With the newly installed Ocean Kayak seat mounted (with a 1" rubber pad underneath it), new rod holders, new foot rests she is fast and smart. The anchor trolley isn't remounted in these pics but will be soon. Nice little boat for under $200.00.

Don't the TKF and the JEM stickers look sharp? :mrgreen:

NO MORE POLYESTER! That was the last of it. My last batch had a pot life of 4 minutes!
Dickie
Type of boat I like: Kayaks

Re: REFURBISHED MY FIRST PIROGUE

Post by Dickie »

Looks great! Am jealous of the huge work space you have. I am waiting to get my shop built out back. We are right on a lake so a nice big window in the back and as close as I can get it to the waters edge the better. Great job though!
~~ Dickie ~~
"The BEST tool in the World is the Human mind"
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

Dickie wrote:Looks great! Am jealous of the huge work space you have. I am waiting to get my shop built out back. We are right on a lake so a nice big window in the back and as close as I can get it to the waters edge the better. Great job though!
Those photos were at my work. I have a 90X90 4 bay garage there. I just built me a 16X32 workshop at home so I can be closer to my boat building. :wink:
Dickie
Type of boat I like: Kayaks

Post by Dickie »

Thats about what I am looking at building in the back yard at the lake front where I live. Its actually a pre fab from Home dept, 2 story with porch etc. For under $15,000 not bad.
~~ Dickie ~~
"The BEST tool in the World is the Human mind"