Buccaneer Build - Predator hits the water

Builder show and discuss their progress.
David Kopera
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Buccaneer Build - Predator hits the water

Post by David Kopera »

The Buccaneer build is done. My grandson was very happy when I said I would build him a kayak. I asked what color he wanted it to be, natural wood, like mine or something else. He said something else, camo. After I had the camo figured out, I started calling it the Predator.

I finished it last night and showed up at his house this afternoon to get her wet for the first time. He ran to get his paddle that I got him for is birthday, and we left for the Rainbow River.

The Buccaneer Predator set sail this afternoon. You couldn't wipe the smile off that boy's face with 60 grit sandpaper.

And he is off and paddling

After a little instruction, like turn the paddle over, so you can read the label, we headed for the headsprings.

Well after taking in the sites and wildlife, it was time to head home.

Have fun out there and keep the open side up!!!
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Buccaneer Build - Predator hits the water

Post by jem »

Awesome!! Can I have your permission to use those photos?
-Matt. Designer.
David Kopera
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by David Kopera »

No problem Matt....there are a few more, if you would like to check them out....
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Great!

He's looks happy as a clam. I bet you could raise his seating position up a few inches and he'd be able to paddle easier. Should still be very stable.
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Wow :shock: ........................What a great boat makes the plastic one in one of the shots look ordinary.

Love that camo job 8)