Cobia 15

Builder show and discuss their progress.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Cobia 15

Post by hairymick »

MMmmmmmmmm Fosters :mrgreen:

Matt, we need a homer simpson smiley here.

Pick on hairy all ya like guys. :D

We are having the first true wet season here we have had in decades. Storms rumbling across allmost every afternoon and dropping at least 2 inches every time. The rivers are all up and all the dams and lakes are all filling or allready overflowing. There is some serious white water to be had in places. :D

Jacko mate, are you interested in a little sorte' down the upper Mary after Christmas? Will need two cars, two canoes and a couple of days :D :D :D Conondale to Kenilworth would suit for one day. Kenilworth to Tuchekoi Day two.
Bigish water, tight, technical pockets and a heck of a lot of fun.

Or perhaps Gundyah to Tiaro in a single day. Bigger water but less tight rapids - mostly :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

hairymick wrote:
We are having the first true wet season here we have had in decades. Storms rumbling across allmost every afternoon and dropping at least 2 inches every time. The rivers are all up and all the dams and lakes are all filling or allready overflowing. There is some serious white water to be had in places. :D
The trouble is we are having it in Tassie as well. I cant remember when we had this much rain in December. Between that & the wind I have only been out in my big boat once since July & the same for the Kayaks. . . . . . . . but I suppose it has given me an excuse for spending time in the shed on my build :D :D
Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Manjimike »

hairymick wrote:We are having the first true wet season here we have had in decades.

And we have had our driest year. Generally it "rains for 9months of the year in Manjimup and drips from the trees for the next 3months"

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum and their families

Cheers Mike
Jacko
Type of boat I like: Canoes and Kayaks.

Post by Jacko »

Sounds good Mick, at least I can resort to the Fiberglass Canoe!!! Better wash my mouth out now (FIGERGLASS) :oops:
Jacko
1: Cobia 15: First 1/2 Built by "hairymick"
2: 16' Fibreglass Canadian Canoe
with homemade outriggers & 2hp Suzuki
for when I'm feeling lazy.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

this project ever get any more attention?
-Matt. Designer.
toolman
Type of boat I like: the Laker freedom strip

Post by toolman »

hairymick wrote:G'day Jacko and welcome aboard mate. 8)

Guys, let me introduce my mate, Jacko.

I work with him (poor bugga) and have had the pleasure of watching his craftsmanship in working with wood.

He is a true gentleman and a scholar and his talents are many and varied. I have no doubt that he can/will do this magnificent design justice and I think he is being unduly modest. We have shared much in recent difficult times and I am proud to call him my friend.
Welcome aboard Jacko I'm Terry and just finished my first build ,it was a laker. A little tence at times but the guys on here were a big help,good luck and look forward to seeing your build
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

Matt,

Life has got in the way a bit for Jacko in recent months but I see him pretty regularly and think he will be ready to make a start in the new year.

Merry Christmas guys.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Hi All, Yeah I know I've been slack :cry: Mick is right, life has got in the way over the last few months; money, time & health issues, but have made a start again, I've cleared the camping gear I had stacked around the Cobia. and my bench is just for the Kayak again :!:
Jacko
Manjimike

Post by Manjimike »

You are further advanced than I am :) :)
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Manjimike wrote:You are further advanced than I am :) :)
:lol: well I can see mine again :oops:
Jacko