First boat build Sasquatch 16-33

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tmdouglas
Type of boat I like: sasquach 16-33

First boat build Sasquatch 16-33

Post by tmdouglas »

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and start a Log of my first build.

I have been wanting to build a srip canoe for several years now, but never found the time to start one. Over the last month I have been looking a purchasing a fishing kayak, but I really like the way wood looks over the plastic and fiberglass stuff. So I decided to start looking at wooden sit on top fishing Kayaks. After doing a google search, I found the wadefish sit on tops. I really liked those designs and everything, but after looking at the other plans I decided to go with the Sasquatch 16-33. Maybe it was because of all the cool pictures of the one mick built. Seeing that I have a young family, I enjoy the fact that it can either be a solo canoe or carry a passenger. I plan on using it for fishing the majority of the time, but would like to also be able to take some trips in it as well. I realize this says its a bit more difficult to build, but I was caprenter before I became a teacher. One of the biggest things I would like to figure out is how to flush mount a transducer for a fish finder.
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: First boat build Sasquatch 16-33

Post by OnkaBob »

Hi there TM, a few people have mounted transducers in their wood kayaks and I think you'll find a few descriptions on here about how to do it. You may even find a local nearby who's done it. What part of the world are you in?

Looking forward to seeing your build - don't forget the photos :) .Are you going to use ply or SSG?
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
tmdouglas
Type of boat I like: sasquach 16-33

Re: First boat build Sasquatch 16-33

Post by tmdouglas »

I'm from Houston, Texas. As of right now, I plan on using Okoume ply. I'm waiting for my sasquatch plans to arrive, so I am still in the planning stages. As I mentioned before, I am going to be using this primarily for solo fishing. Any ideas about rod holders, fish finder, or anything else would be greatly appreciated.