Stripped NorthWind

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Stripped NorthWind

Post by tx river rat »

I am going to have a couple hundred miles on my boat before then :mrgreen:
I am kidding , Darrel just has more patience than me. He is doing it the right way.
Ron
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

Not much progress today. I ran out of glass and had to run to Ron's house to borrow some. I did feather all of the edges on the glass today and have the boat ready for the two pieces down the edge of the cockpit, so I will finish the fiberglass work in the morning.
Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

The boat has two fill coats on the fiberglass and is looking pretty good. I will give it a good sanding tonight to get all of the imperfections out and then one more coat of epoxy. Before I give it the final coat of the epoxy though I am going to put the coaming around the cockpit also. I set it out in the sun for the first time today and I have to say I am totally satisfied in it's appearance so far.

Bow:

Stern:Image

Darrell Sykora
Whirly
Type of boat I like: 18-36 Trapper

Post by Whirly »

Well, I certainly hope you are totally satisfied in it's appearance so far! Mate, that is one be-a-u-ti-ful boat. It looks fantastic. Well done
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

That is AWESOME!
-Matt. Designer.
makenmend
Type of boat I like: kayak canoe

Post by makenmend »

really like your wood selection, got to be getting ansy to have her done and on the water now.

MM
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

yes I am. I have been working on the coaming, really just trying to figure out what will look good. Settled on it last night and started, not enough progress for an update though.
Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

I have been working on the boat, but not really a lot to update. I have been putting on the fill coats epoxy (to fill the weave of the fiberglass) and then sanding it back off and repeat to smoothe everything out. I have also been building the coaming around the cockpit which I finished earlier. I might be able to flip it over tonight and put the first coat of graphite impregnated epoxy on the bottom. Anyway here are few pics to update with.

Darrell Sykora
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

wow! :shock: That is beautiful!
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Did'nt get the graphite on, ended up having to work on one of our Firetrucks until 11:00 last night.
Darrell Sykora