Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:15 pm
This past weekend I put the graphite coat on the bottom of my TV 15-29. I put some on the bow and stern also. Just a little more work to do: got to figger out where I want the thwarts, I'm thinking of a way to put in temporary ones so I can move them around whenever the wife wants to paddle with me. This week I'll put it in the pool and find out where the seat should go, then maybe by the coming weekend she'll be ready for the water. All in all it's been a fun project and I can't wait to get started on the next one. Learned a lot, and as usual, Matt's plans and instructions made my boat turn out great. She's not a work of art since she's my first build. A friend told me that the rule of thumb is that they now get cheaper to make, easier to build, and lighter. Thanks, Matt. I'll post pics of her maiden voyage and a report on how she paddles.