This is going to different

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

This is going to different

Post by tx river rat »

Matt Just informed me that he had completed the plans for my next boat :lol:
It will be a full striper ,something new for me so you may have to hold my hand and give me some help :oops:
This will be a Nortwind reduced a little over 10% ,should be 15 ft 9 inches bye 26 wide ,the way the Northwind moves this should be a bullet.
Matt what we going to call this one the Swift Wind?
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: This is going to different

Post by jem »

Still a North Wind... just smaller.

Also finished off a Kruger Cruiser inspired design (Pegasus) and am shipping that to the U.k.. Now just got to get the website caught up.
-Matt. Designer.
Earvin
Type of boat I like: Okwata.

Post by Earvin »

Sounds interesting Ron. Why did you want to have a smaller Northwind? Apart from it obviously just being a good boat.
Simon

"It is better to travel well than to arrive".
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Ervin
I love my NW and it does everything I could ask as a high speed long distance camping cruisier, hugh cargo capacity ,rock stable, and will run off and leave most boats in a long distance paddle.
But :roll: first I have the addiction and like to build boats, the second thing is I like to do long distance races, I think this boat will be lighter for carrying over obstacles ,be faster, and more maneuverable and also will fit in the rec class I race in at less than 16 ft.
Just a prediction on my part that my personal boats will wind up being the Northwind 17 + that I have and another one that is set up in a tandem or solo configuration , and this shorter boat for certain places.
Ron
Earvin
Type of boat I like: Okwata.

Post by Earvin »

Looking forward to watching you build this one Ron.
Simon

"It is better to travel well than to arrive".