Dan's Pelagic

Builder show and discuss their progress.
AlohaDan
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Dan's Pelagic

Post by AlohaDan »

Kit arrived today.

Unfortunately sick as a dog, and taxes due. Will try to inventory contents along with shipment of epoxy/glass which arrived at same time sometime next week.
AlohaDan
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by AlohaDan »

Couldn't wait. Opened box to read assembly instructions.

MATT there is nothing there! Went through box twice. :?: :?:
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I sent you the Wadefish instructions a while ago. I thought you were just going to use those.

I can throw together some specifics for yours if you want.

Did the kit arrive safely? All pieces in tact? It was quite a pack job.
-Matt. Designer.
AlohaDan

Post by AlohaDan »

The kit arrived safely. all pieces appear intact, but I have no idea which is what other than the obvious deck cutout, etc.

So I'll need some specifics

I can't find the Wadefish which I assume has some standard guidelines, etc. . It might have disappeared in some system crashes along with other back e-mail.
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

I'll get you fixed up shortly.
-Matt. Designer.
pogue3one

Huh?

Post by pogue3one »

Okay, so what's a pelagic? No I don't mean the fish
Wadefish (complete)
Manjimike

Post by Manjimike »

Is this the one for the Mirage drive we have been hanging out for :D :D

Have you finished her yet Dan :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Cheers Mike
AlohaDan

Post by AlohaDan »

Pelagic is what I named her. Hope Matt will adopt that as a class name to distinguish her as an open ocean deep water boat. Not many out there.

Essentially a replacement for the Adventure Island hull (Adventure) with increased long range fishing capabilities (internal fishbox storage six feet long, wide enough for bull mahi heads and ahi tuna, unique rod storage, etc.). Will have complete AI sail system.

As a stand alone yak I think she's going to paddle faster than the Adventure, even if you don't use the Mirage Drive. Beam will be the same as a Scupper Pro, but she's 16'6".

I'm hoping for a September completion date, but I'm a newbie so will go slow.
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

Dan,

Check your email to see if you got the file I just sent and if prints ok to where you can read dimensions.
-Matt. Designer.
AlohaDan

Post by AlohaDan »

Reads fine. e-mail sent also.