New Stalker Build

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Falcn
Type of boat I like: Solo open canoe

New Stalker Build

Post by Falcn »

Hi Guys,

I thought I would say hello and what a valuable resource you have here. I've been lurking as a guest, reading many of the build logs, having a think about what I want to do, mulling over a few of the designs. I've finally jumped in and purchased a set of plans for the square end 'Stalker' described by Surfman viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1001

I'm particularly looking for a stable platform for photography, so will probably build in a tray to hold a waterproof pelican case for the cameras and kit.

I hope to be able to take some time over the winter to get this ready for a spring wetting. I'll keep you all informed with updates and photos. Perhaps in return you all might help me avoid some of the mistakes I'm bound to make (pre- :oops:)

Keith
surfman
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: New Stalker Build

Post by surfman »

Can't wait to see this get going, good luck and have fun. 8)
Tight Lines, Steve
Falcn

Post by Falcn »

Now waiting for the plans to arrive on this side of the pond. I think Matt said he would paddle across and deliver them in person :lol: .

Timber on order for delivery on Friday though :P 3 sheets of 8x4 4mm selected exterior ply (WPB) - couldn't find a local supplier of marine ply.

Can't wait to get started to be honest,
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

As a first time builder myself I can tell you that you will have a hard time thinking about much else for the duration of your build. Totally addictive and immensely satisfying. Welcome aboard!!
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks

Post by woodman »

goanywhere wrote:As a first time builder myself I can tell you that you will have a hard time thinking about much else for the duration of your build. Totally addictive and immensely satisfying. Welcome aboard!!
And it dosent let-up the addiction that is...I'm on my 8th....10 if you count unfin. prototypes..
Falcn

Post by Falcn »

woodman wrote:
goanywhere wrote:As a first time builder myself I can tell you that you will have a hard time thinking about much else for the duration of your build. Totally addictive and immensely satisfying. Welcome aboard!!
And it dosent let-up the addiction that is...I'm on my 8th....10 if you count unfin. prototypes..
Now you guys are starting to scare me - not sure I want to take the bait any more :oops:

Not really - bring it on!!
makenmend
Type of boat I like: kayak canoe

Post by makenmend »

woodman wrote:

Some people have the willpower to resist. :!:

I'm not one of them.

MM
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

I could give it up any time I want, I just don't want to.... :wink:
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
Falcn

Update

Post by Falcn »

Plywood now safe and sound. Now waiting for plans to arrive.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I moved your post to stay with this thread.

Easier if it stay together if people want to research a build some time in the future.
-Matt. Designer.