Brazilian kayak Project

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Gerson
Type of boat I like: I love Kayaks

Brazilian kayak Project

Post by Gerson »

Hello, my name is Gerson, I'm Brazilian and I'm drawing a SOT kayak. Basically I have used the program Delfitship. I came to this model after many hours of effort.
I would like to help with this project. I do not understand much about the coefficients and do not know if the results found indicating whether the project is good. Would you help me interpret this.
Another aid would be about the size of the kayak. (3.80mx 0.70mx 0.26m / 12:46 'x 27.60 "x 10.2")
The biggest use of this is for small boat fishing in the sea, eventually into lakes and rivers. I want a stable kayak, to keep your course with ease, but it is not difficult to maneuver and who goes with good efficiency.
After solving these issues I will make a paper model scale to check any error and only then run it in full size.

I thank the support received.

jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Brazilian kayak Project

Post by jem »

I've found a few design "guidelines" that work with small boats and hydrostatics.

It's hard to apply those without having the 3D model and I'm a little nervous about making recommendations to other peoples work.

I will say that your deep-V will limit how much you can have on board before water fills up the cockpit.
-Matt. Designer.
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Re: Brazilian kayak Project

Post by neon14 »

I have tried to design my own boats before. I wound up giving up after a few boats. It takes so much effort and money to build that its worth it for me to pay for a set of plans. Matt designs some really nice stuff. I would recommend a wadefish or sabalo. You wont be disappointed.