Northwind

Builder show and discuss their progress.
ldychrstne
Type of boat I like: I am building a Northwind

Northwind

Post by ldychrstne »

http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/Chris ... 0Class%203
I finally finished my Northwind, Here are some pics.
Christine
coast
Type of boat I like: pirogue

Re: Northwind

Post by coast »

Nice looking Northwind.
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by OnkaBob »

Wow, obviously a lot of thought and experience gone into that - as well as a lot of work!

How about posting up some details about the build - eg what was it designed for, where did the pontoon hulls come from, what problems did you have during the build (and how did you overcome them) etc? Also a report of how it goes on water would be of interest. The leeboard should allow it point upwind fairly well.

I sense that a lot of good info for other builders could be found in this build, particularly for anyone thinking of setting up a sail rig. I've been contemplating converting my Laker to a trimaran and I reckon Goanywhere will be salivating when he sees this :lol: .

That lug rig has always looked odd to me but people who have them swear by them and I only recently saw a video of a pram dinghy with one that showed it really scooting along.

Congratulations.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

Very very nice! Great looking boat. I'm sure you will get long delays on the beach trying to rig and launch :lol:!

Would love to see some pics of her on the water. Any reports on how she sails?
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!