Hairymicks Wadefish (kadaitchi)

Builder show and discuss their progress.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Hi guys,

Hull is turned, inside has has preliminary cleanup and saturating coat of epoxy is on. :D

Ready to turn

Over!

Yuk !
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Few more piccies. :D

Cleaned up

Saturating epoxy

Cheap 'C" grade ply :oops: with faults hidden inside hull :D
Regards,
Mick

hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Hi guys, :D

Got the inside coated with that tight weave rubbish today. Have usedup most of it thank goodness. I hate the bloody stuff! Its not looking very pretty at the moment but some serious sanding later in the week will fix that :twisted:

Bow re-inforcing fillet

also got the rudder mounting post in. Sorry about the quality of the picces, I am a IT/photography idiot.

Just for a giggle, here is my redneck back yard. :D and my old red Julio truck (we call em a ute). she's got 3 speed on the column and a dent in the door :D bit like that Alan jackson song. :D :D
Regards,
Mick

scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Looking good Mick! I'd love to have a backyard and work area like that!

How do you keep the clothspins from sticking to the epoxy?
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Mick
Which do you live at a Marina or a Boat Yard, looking at the picture it sure looks like someplace on the water that does a lot of work on boats.
Sorry , Mate , I had to ask that.... your place looks like mine , boats everywhere..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Hey Mick, my daughter says she'd like to see some more photos with your dogs (they were in the background on one shot)! :D
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Hi Scott, You are too kind mate. My workmanship leaves a fair bit to be desired I think. :oops:
How do you keep the clothspins from sticking to the epoxy?
I just take them off before it goes hard. :D

Hi Chuck,

Which do you live at a Marina or a Boat Yard, looking at the picture it sure looks like someplace on the water that does a lot of work on boats.
Neither mate. I live on an acre that is slowly being filled with my old cars and boats. My lovely wife lets me hang onto all my old stuff because you never know, "I might need it one day" :oops:

Scott,

Hey Mick, my daughter says she'd like to see some more photos with your dogs (they were in the background on one shot)!
This probably isn't the right place for it but just for your little girl, Here are a couple of piccies of my very spoilt pan lickers. :D

Big brown one is a Rottweiler/Bull Mastiff cross called Roscoe. He is an old dog, half crippled with arthritus and is my best mate. He will not leave my side.

Little white & grey one is "Puku" an Italian Greyhound who can run like the wind and is the savage one of the pack. She can run down a hare after giving it a 300 yard start. :shock:

Solid little black one "Nuggett' is an Australian Smithfield Cattledog. A working dog that I inherited from my daughter when she grew up and moved away.

All three are spoilt rotten. :D :D
Regards,
Mick

scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Thanks Mick! You made my daughter's day!
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

The things we do for kids...we'll allow little off topic. :wink: After all, it's all about family.

Case in Point: JEM Watercraft...the "J" and "E" are for my kids' names Josh and Emily.

"M" is for Mommy or Matt....depends on if I'm mad at my wife at the time. :D

Actually her name starts with an "S" so the letters didn't work out into a good name.
-Matt. Designer.
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

I was wondering what "JEM" stood for. That's nice! Thanks for allowing Mick's doggie pics. They made my daughter VERY happy!